300 Win Mag Sendero

Jscrapmetal

I am picking up a 300 win mag Sendero this weekend. I do not reload yet so my question is what is the best store bought ammo to hunt deer and hogs with. I want to be able to shoot out to 400 or 500 yards not sure if I can never have tried but want to learn. So any help would be great. Thanks.

Personally I'd shoot a lighter bullet at the ranges you're shooting. I'd try out some 150-180gr pills and see if groups are satisfactory.

Jscrap - put a good scope like a leup 6.5-20 on it. the 300 win mag i have found easy to find a good load for ; especailly my sendero. i have shoot the 210's out to 1000 yards. for 400-500 i would use a 168 ballisitic silver tip

Personally I'd shoot a lighter bullet at the ranges you're shooting. I'd try out some 150-180gr pills and see if groups are satisfactory.

i shoot a lot of 165-168 grain bullets. i handload so i have a selection . i saw factory horn 165 btsp available. any of the factory loads would be fine out to 400-500 if your rifle likes them. looking at ballistic tables the 210 advantage is at the longer ranges. one of the smallest groups i have ever shot was with federal factory 180 tsx .187" .

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.