300 win mag data in sendero

cbaker

I am looking for reloading data for a Sendero 300 mag. I will mainly be shooting deer and hogs under 500 yds. I am thinking about the nosler ballistic tip or the 180 grain accubond. Does anyone have any good loads for these bullets? Thanks in advance.

cbaker,
I have a 300WM Sendero and have shot both the 180gr ballistic tip and the Accubond they both love 75.5gr of RL 22 at 3108fps (with the Accubond).
B

There are several of us that shoot 300 win's and we all shoot 78 gr RL-22 with either 165 NBT's or 168 Ballistic Silvertips.

I have a Savage 300 Win Mag on my third barrel, but I use RL22 Powder 75 gr with any 180 gr bullet. Have shot 165gr bullet also.

74gr RL22 and a 178gr a-max performs great in that rifle. I am sure the 180's will fall in close in the charge range.

What kind of oal are people loading to? I did some 165 gamekings at he norm and
Got about .5 groups... Loaded some 178 amax and was hard to break 1.5" I'm thinking I had them seated to deep. I'm new to reloading so any info would help. Are the "lands" about the same depth on all the sendero a? I have a sendero II

I'll give you my target load used in my custom Sendero. I use fully prepped Rem brass, Fed215 primers and RE25 @ 81gr's with either 180gr Accubond or Ballistic Tip. This load is not max in Rem brass, but it will be in Fed or Nosler brass, if you are using either of these brands, reduce the above load to 79gr's.
You could also try 75.5gr's of RE22 with either bullet, it's not quite as fast as RE25, but just as accurate.
My COAL with both bullets is 3.390", this may NOT suit your rifle, either in magazine length or throat length, please check YOUR RIFLES THROAT LENGTH before trying this COAL.
To check your throat length with THIS BULLET, cut a slot into the neck of one of your cases, a dremel cutoff wheel works really well, seat a bullet in the neck long and carefully chamber it, taking care not to hit the action sides as you do so. Seeing as though this is a Rem 700, you'll have to hold the case with a finger as you extract it from the chamber, if you don't the ejector will push the bullet into the side of the action and give you false readings, you need to do this at least 5 times to get a good average length, measure the overall length and this will be the max COAL for THAT BULLET, Accubonds and Ballistic Tips of the same weight are interchangible, then reduce this measurement to obtain the amount from the lands you require. I suggest a minimum of .010" from the lands for safety.

Cheers.
gun)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts