300 win mag reloading help

peterson12

Need some help and opinions on what I should use for reloading. I have norma brass with 210 gr. berger bullets. I've heard both H1000 and 4831 are good powders any other suggestions would be great. Also wondering how many grains of powder to use. Any suggestions on primers would help too. Thanks!

Get a good loading manual, and my strong recommendation would be to enlist the help of an experienced reloader to help get you started. Each chamber is different, and what works well in one rifle may not work well in another. With H1000 probably going to want to use a CCI 250 primer or Fed 215 (if you can find them). Lots of load data available online, and if you do a search here, there are numerous posts on loading for the 300 WM.

Get a good loading manual, and my strong recommendation would be to enlist the help of an experienced reloader to help get you started. Each chamber is different, and what works well in one rifle may not work well in another. With H1000 probably going to want to use a CCI 250 primer or Fed 215 (if you can find them). Lots of load data available online, and if you do a search here, there are numerous posts on loading for the 300 WM.

Just curious, but why CCI as compared to WLRM or R-P 9 1/2?

I personally have had the best luck with FED 215's as far as magnum primers go like was stated if you can find them. Give the new RL26 a go had good luck in a 300 win mag. of a customers using the 200 ELD-x's he wanted to use. 26 or H1000 would be the first 2 i would try.

12, many here using the well proven "Broz" loads for the 210 and 215 Berger with H1000. The search at the top right will get you to the thread "comparing the Berger210VLD to the 215 Hybrid". Just finished working up a load for a Remington 700 300WM using Norma brass, Federal 215 primers. Very accurate and found most accurate was with the 215 Berger. The standard 215 primers are pretty common here and the 215M is found sporadically. Good luck

As mentioned, I'd go straight to the H1000/215 Hybrid combination. Very easy to tune with either Fed or CCI mag primers.

If you already have the Norma brass and the 210's, I'd get some H1000 to put behind it and some either Fed 215's or CCI 250's and go shoot. I'd start with a Berger seating depth test and work a load up from there.

Sounds like H1000 and fed primers would be the best. How many grains of powder you guys put in. Not as familiar with H1000. I put 70 with 4831 just to get started but I will make some changes as I go.

Please Please Please start low and work up a load for your gun. Don't use another's recommendations, and believe they will work fine in your firearm. Do a search online for the components you plan to use, either the bullet or powder manufacturer should have some basic info to help get you started.

Please Patiently Study And Comprend the tasks you are about to embark on ...Before you do anything else.... Study the whole procedure very well... Ever used a manual case trimmer ? You can't just go to grinding on the case... Got proper Tools , Mics , Guages , etc.. Know your headspace ? So much to know and understand before you jump in... YouTube videos on anything that has to do with reloading and they are very informative... I just want to make it Fun and SAFE for you ... (mostly safe) .. Enjoy ☺

Please Please Please start low and work up a load for your gun. Don't use another's recommendations, and believe they will work fine in your firearm. Do a search online for the components you plan to use, either the bullet or powder manufacturer should have some basic info to help get you started.
10+ agreed !! slow down !! AND double check everything , i recommend getting at least 3 other opinions of any load from published load data with the same components -- you have to realize these guys on this forum are mostly experienced reloaders and they can assume you are too

One of my own rules is to Never, use any Load given on a public forum , yes you should/can compare it with published Load data .. there are many free sources for online Load data

If you email Berger, they will send you the data.

I am using the same components in a 300 wm thst doesn't like the 215s. It is loaded only to mag length though.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.