300 Win Mag Reloading

scsims

I'm a long time reloader but this will be my first time reloading for a magnum catridge.

My Gun: Encore ProHunter 300 Win Mag
Brass : Winchester
Powder: H1000
Bullets: 168gr Berger
Primers: ???

My question is will I need to use magnum primers with this load? Or any load with 300 Win Mag for that matter.

Thanks,
Scott

Is teh federal 215 match the 'gold' type listed on teh website. Was thinking bout trying these in my 7 mm stw any thoughts?

Scott what is the

I'm a long time reloader but this will be my first time reloading for a magnum catridge.

My Gun: Encore ProHunter 300 Win Mag
Brass : Winchester
Powder: H1000
Bullets: 168gr Berger
Primers: ???

My question is will I need to use magnum primers with this load? Or any load with 300 Win Mag for that matter.

Thanks,
Scott

Twist rate for that rifle ? Mine is 1 in 11 and 74 grs of RL 22 is a 1/4 min load at 100 with groups at 700 displaying very little vertical and group size of 2.5 inches . Pretty windy that daybut steady ! This is with Lapua brass , fed 215gm primeers , 74 grs RL 22 and a 190 SMK . Running around 3050 as tested with a Oehler 35 with 8 ft screen spacing . Es below 20 and sd in single digits . I have used 190 gr wildcats with the samre results .

Jim Brown

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.