Reloading 300 Win Mag

Thanks for the information everyone. Might look into getting a Willis collet die, just in case I do have a problem in the near future. What powder is everyone using? I have some H4350 and IMR4831 that I am thinking of using. Curious what everyone thinks of these two powders for 300 WM.
Check this Out

Attachments

• B7F5DA2F-23E6-4E07-BFDB-BB3316BECF08.jpeg
    B7F5DA2F-23E6-4E07-BFDB-BB3316BECF08.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 59
H-4350 will loose you some velocity BUT it'll group nicely and is very clean...all I've ever used since I've gone back to the least amount of different powders sitting around my bench.. no animals vitals will ever know the difference in velocity and you'll easily compensate with an extra cluck or two..H-4350, great stuff

I've been reloading 300Winny since 74…. Used IMR 4350 & 4831 almost exclusively .. then ShortCut… tried 1000, RL 25, Norma 204, all worked well for for hunting bullets (165 & 180 & similar weight Varieties ...Nosler, Grand Slams, HT's, North Fork's). BUT my Rifle really likes 190SMK's on top of 69.0 RL22, Federal 210M… repeatable <2.25" 5 shots @ 750… (also 210 MolyCoated Berger) !! That was off a Bipod ,,,,
I use Larry's (Willis) Collet Die on reload #7 as I have had expansion just ahead of Belt on Old Multi fired brass and this has saved a goodly number (even those well used to my chamber(s) that have been neck sized only) after all Headspace is on the Belt..
good luck and use good brass ..
{WW & REM R no longer the quality/strength of decades ago IMHO} … and watch for case separation just ahead of belt … you really do not want that when hunting …. Off the bench is a mild inconvenience .. only had one there & cleaning rod made short work of it (but I used new or once fired for Hunting)

Reloader 22???? That's impossible, why every reloader on here knows you can only use H1000 to get any kind of accuracy, velocity, and consistency, any other powder it's impossible to get any grouping??!! My best grouping in my 06 and my 257 Weatherby is with RL-22. I do confirm my site in under cold conditions in the fall/winter.

Thanks for the information everyone. Might look into getting a Willis collet die, just in case I do have a problem in the near future. What powder is everyone using? I have some H4350 and IMR4831 that I am thinking of using. Curious what everyone thinks of these two powders for 300 WM.
In my 300 WM I have been running IMR 4831 for sometime pushing a 185 Berger VLD and it is stupid accurate. I got several powders that will push it faster or more "temp sensitive" but every time I go to switch I just see what it can do I stop myself because how crazy good it shoots. Believe me I've wanted to switch because that's what we do on this website but I have yet to do so.

I tried to find a load with 7828 SSC, went through a good bit of bullets and got it shooting a fair group but just not what it should be. Tested lots of powder charges and seating depths, found a stable charge but just couldn't get it where I wanted to. Went back to the 4831 recip and it's shooting bug holes again. I think I'll stick with what works and leave it alone.
67.2 grains 4831, fed 215, Berger 205's and .080 off. Running around 2830 fps. Not the fastest but it really shoots.