300 win mag powder

Mauser34

I am using 215 Berger hybrid, and Hornady brass. What primers and powder should I use? I would like to stay with Hodgdon but I am open to new ideas.

I'm having great luck with reloader 22 & CCI 250, it took a lot of load development to get it to shoot with the 215, but ive now settled in with a great 1/2 MOA load, its over book published max, but it shoots excellent w/no pressure signs, mine like .090 jump.

RL33 is working awesome in my new 300 win with berger 210's. second choice I would take RL25 because it has performed great in several 300 win's.

I bought my first 300WM in 1990, a Ruger M77MKII stainless with boat paddle stock. The first thing I did was bead blast every inch of that shiny barrel and action!
Next, I worked up loads with H4350, H4831, RL22. RL22 was by far the best performer back then.
More recently, I have tried H1000, Retumbo and RL25 with 180gr, 200gr, 208gr, 210gr & 215gr pills.
H1000 was very accurate, velocity was down a little, so I tried Retumbo, velocity was good, but accuracy wasn't great. Then I tried RL25, WOW!! Bug hole groups at 300yrds and velocity was also higher than any other powder by a significant amount.
Nowadays, this the FIRST powder I try in a lot of my cartridges, especially those for long range with big cases. Even my 25-06 performs the best with this powder, and my 257AI uses a good dose with heavy bullets.
I would try this if you can get your hands on some.

Cheers.
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.