300 Win Mag ELD-X load testing?

I will say it shoots 178ELDX pretty darn good but I have hard time shooting lighter bullets in the 300WM, it just doesn't "feel right" to me. I have 300WSM for them!

I will say it shoots 178ELDX pretty darn good but I have hard time shooting lighter bullets in the 300WM, it just doesn't "feel right" to me. I have 300WSM for them!
I try to avoid going lighter than the 183gr mono's in any of my 300's, seems like a waste of powder to go lighter.

I did think of loading up some 147's in the 300 Rum to shoot coyotes but never did. 😆

Like I said, old rifle, lot of rounds, tried .010 off back out to SAAMI and never could get it to smile with the 200ELDX. If you are ok with 1 MOA it did that consistently with the 200ELDX. Burned a lot of powder trying to get it where the 200AB shot but never could. Since I have killed a lot of animals with the 200AB, it just wasn't worth burning up barrel round count to me. I had a 196HH load within 20 rounds, that is now my primary 300WM load. The 200AB is still a favorite due to high confidence I have in it.

You are prob right I used wrong term on stability but it just wouldn't deliver the accuracy and velocity I can get with other bullets.

I will clarify one aspect of the 200ELDX that I saw in load development. It shot pretty good at 2775 but faster I drove it the accuracy dropped. Maybe stay there, save brass and still decent for range I would shoot but the 200AB shot great at 2950 which I felt better option. The 196HH is at 3150 so still better for me.

The 200 ELDX is the only 200 gr lead core that did not shoot well in this rifle at velocities I expect in a 300WM. Heck, I tried box of Precision Ammo which shoots at 2850 fps and still did not shoot as well as the 200AB. Finicky rifle? Finicky loose nut behind it? All of the above?
I'd lean more towards inferior product. If you and your rifle shoot better with all other 200 grain lead cores it's not you haha. Give yourself some credit man!

I'd lean more towards inferior product. If you and your rifle shoot better with all other 200 grain lead cores it's not you haha. Give yourself some credit man!
Been loading since 70's every gun likes a different node work up the loads your gun likes. My 270 likes Partitions 130 gr. Great discussion
131669015_10218152865200604_3130946153055057638_n.jpg

Has anyone with a 300 Win Mag had a chance to shoot the ELD-X bullets yet? I curious how they are grouping and what kind of speed you are seeing with them so far?

Any load data would be appreciated.
I would buy a Hornaday re-loading book and they will have all the cooks in it for all their bullets. I have great success using Hornaday brass with Retumbo powder and the 212-G ELDX but every rifle is different so you will have to do a powder charge test to see what your barrel likes. With a 300 Win-Mag pushing bullets over 200-grains I highly recommend the Hornaday brass because its harder and your primer pockets wont expand like softer brass will. Good Luck !!!

I would buy a Hornaday re-loading book and they will have all the cooks in it for all their bullets. I have great success using Hornaday brass with Retumbo powder and the 212-G ELDX but every rifle is different so you will have to do a powder charge test to see what your barrel likes. With a 300 Win-Mag pushing bullets over 200-grains I highly recommend the Hornaday brass because its harder and your primer pockets wont expand like softer brass will. Good Luck !!!
I did and its nice to have

Some rifles shoot one bullet great and won't hit a pie plate at 200 with another. Rarely is it an inferior product and usually it's just the difference in chambers.

Hornaday brass because its harder and your primer pockets wont expand like softer brass will. Good Luck !!!
First time I've heard that and doesn't match my experience. Generally the complaint about Hornady is that heir brass is too soft and won't last.

My experience is somewhere in the middle. I prefer, Lapua, Petersen, ADG because they are stouter and last longer but I've never had a complaint either way with Hornady brass with the exception of the 7LRM brass they make to spec for Gunwerks.

I had bad luck with hornady brass too. I got 3 reloads on them and primer pockets no longer held a primer. Have been using peterson long and it seems to be holding up much better.

First time I've heard that and doesn't match my experience. Generally the complaint about Hornady is that heir brass is too soft and won't last.

My experience is somewhere in the middle. I prefer, Lapua, Petersen, ADG because they are stouter and last longer but I've never had a complaint either way with Hornady brass with the exception of the 7LRM brass they make to spec for Gunwerks.
I've had mixed results with Hornady brass. Their 280 AI brass was absolute garbage for me. Pretty much only 2 firings before primer pockets were gone. Now, a completely different story with their 6.5 Creed brass. I've got 8-10 firings on some now, and still going strong.
I've been really impressed with the Petersen brass I have. Will definitely try them in more chambering of mine.