300 Win Mag ELD-X load testing?

I've had mixed results with Hornady brass. Their 280 AI brass was absolute garbage for me. Pretty much only 2 firings before primer pockets were gone. Now, a completely different story with their 6.5 Creed brass. I've got 8-10 firings on some now, and still going strong.
I've been really impressed with the Petersen brass I have. Will definitely try them in more chambering of mine.
Definitely seems to hold up better in lower pressure loads.

I've had zero issues with the .375 Ruger brass in my 375's but it doesn't last long in the 6.5LRM which I load pretty hot with heavy for caliber bullets.

I had bad luck with hornady brass too. I got 3 reloads on them and primer pockets no longer held a primer. Have been using peterson long and it seems to be holding up much better.
Yeah but comparing Peterson to Hornady is like apples and aardvarks haha

I like hornady bullets. Their brass and ammo I haven't been impressed with.

And @WildRose you're right, inferior product isn't the right way to describe it…product
That doesn't agree with your gun (though eld x seems to disagree with a lot more guns than accubonds do so I don't totally withdraw my wording haha).

My main point was that it had nothing to do with stabilization.

Yeah but comparing Peterson to Hornady is like apples and aardvarks haha

I like hornady bullets. Their brass and ammo I haven't been impressed with.

And @WildRose you're right, inferior product isn't the right way to describe it…product
That doesn't agree with your gun (though eld x seems to disagree with a lot more guns than accubonds do so I don't totally withdraw my wording haha).

My main point was that it had nothing to do with stabilization.
The sad thing is I've never owned a gun in any caliber that wouldn't shoot the Interbond or Accubonds well and neither company seems particularly motivated to produce any more of either.

First time I've heard that and doesn't match my experience. Generally the complaint about Hornady is that heir brass is too soft and won't last.

My experience is somewhere in the middle. I prefer, Lapua, Petersen, ADG because they are stouter and last longer but I've never had a complaint either way with Hornady brass with the exception of the 7LRM brass they make to spec for Gunwerks.
I guess for once I'm just lucky with the Hornaday brass. Lapua does not make 300 Wim-Mag brass. Nosler does but it's just to soft for a 300 Win-Mag when your pushing bullet grains over 200 and speeds over 2850 ps. My load for my 300 Savage Long Range Hunter is 79.5-G of Retumbo 215-M primer and a Hornaday 212-ELDX @ 2960 fps with a standard deviation in the single digits for me I can shoot hole in hole @ 100-yards and a very small 1/4 clover leaf at 200-y. I don't always push a heavy bullet that fast but my rifle just likes that load. In the other calibers that I shoot I do like to use Nosler or Lapua when I can its much softer brass and you have do do less work on them right out of the box. I do neck turn and weight sort my all of my brass................Their is another good thread you read on this site about primer pockets expanding .

I guess for once I'm just lucky with the Hornaday brass. Lapua does not make 300 Wim-Mag brass. Nosler does but it's just to soft for a 300 Win-Mag when your pushing bullet grains over 200 and speeds over 2850 ps. My load for my 300 Savage Long Range Hunter is 79.5-G of Retumbo 215-M primer and a Hornaday 212-ELDX @ 2960 fps with a standard deviation in the single digits for me I can shoot hole in hole @ 100-yards and a very small 1/4 clover leaf at 200-y. I don't always push a heavy bullet that fast but my rifle just likes that load. In the other calibers that I shoot I do like to use Nosler or Lapua when I can its much softer brass and you have do do less work on them right out of the box. I do neck turn and weight sort my all of my brass................Their is another good thread you read on this site about primer pockets expanding .
Lapua makes 300 win mag brass now. Not trying to be a nitpicker, just thought you ought to know (it's good news)

I've had mixed results with Hornady brass. Their 280 AI brass was absolute garbage for me. Pretty much only 2 firings before primer pockets were gone. Now, a completely different story with their 6.5 Creed brass. I've got 8-10 firings on some now, and still going strong.
I've been really impressed with the Petersen brass I have. Will definitely try them in more chambering of mine.
Lapua don't make 300 Win-Mag brass.

Lapua don't make 300 Win-Mag brass.
WOW I have 400 pieces of 300 Win Mag Lapua Brass Bought over the last 4 Months

Its even in Stock at Graf @ Sons LOL

LAPUA BRASS 300 WINCHESTER MAG UNPRIMED 100/box

LAPUA BRASS 300 WINCHESTER MAG UNPRIMED 100/box
Item #:LU4PH7096
Price:$182.99
$1.83 per piece
Shipping: One flat fee of $12.95 per online order.
Exclusions apply. Click for details.
Availability:In Stock
Quantity Limit:Only 3 LU4PH7096 allowed per customer. Duplicates will be canceled.
MPN:4PH7096
Quantity:

Lapua .300 Winchester Magnum Brass

The .300 Winchester Magnum has been a staple within the firearms industry, widely used by hunters, target shooters, military and law enforcement agencies around the globe since its development in the early 60's. It is still used for competitive target shooting, hunting, and Mil/LE platforms to-date. It delivers excellent long range performance with a wide range of bullet weights from 165 to 200 grains and more. The .300 Winchester Magnum has a great reputation as a .30 caliber magnum hunting cartridge in Europe and North America. Lapua's .300 Win. Mag case will be a great addition to our line, especially with the huge bullet selection available for sport shooting and hunting for this caliber and all major rifle manufacturers chamber their rifles for it. New, unprimed brass. This is not loaded ammunition.
100 count box.

Last edited:
I have 400 pieces of 300 Win Mag Lapua Brass Bought over the last 4 Months

HOME/COMPONENTS/BRASS/LAPUA .300 WINCHESTER MAGNUM BRASS

Notify me when this item is in stock
Write a review

SKU: L7096

$ 169.95

PRODUCT OPTIONS

OPTIONAL UPGRADES

Add Creedmoor Brass Wax 2 oz
Yes (+$8.95)

Qty:

ADD TO CART

The .300 Winchester Magnum has been a staple within the firearms industry, widely used by hunters, target shooters, military and law enforcement agencies around the globe since its development in the early 60's. It is still used for competitive target shooting, hunting, and Mil/LE platforms to-date. It delivers excellent long range performance with a wide range of bullet weights from 165 to 200 grains and more. The .300 Winchester Magnum has a great reputation as a .30 caliber magnum hunting cartridge in Europe and North America. Lapua's .300 Win. Mag case will be a great addition to our line, especially with the huge bullet selection available for sport shooting and hunting for this caliber and all major rifle manufacturers chamber their rifles for it. New, unprimed brass. This is not loaded ammunition.
100 count box.
I had debated posting a few different links but this will suffice haha!

On a positive note kudos on the load success. I too have a savage long range hunter .300 win mag and love it! I also found a load that can do a ragged hole at 100 or so, but single feed it with the 225 eld m over imr 8133.

Lapua makes 300 win mag brass now. Not trying to be a nitpicker, just thought you ought to know (it's good news)
That is Good news, I knew they were talking about it I just have not seen it for sale yet. But then what is for sale these days so hard to get anything.