300 Win Mag ELD-X load testing?

Has anyone with a 300 Win Mag had a chance to shoot the ELD-X bullets yet? I curious how they are grouping and what kind of speed you are seeing with them so far?

Any load data would be appreciated.
Excaliber,

Did you ever work a load up for the 200g ELD-X for the 300win?

270 Sender0

For whatever it's worth my Savage 110 in 300 win mag will group a bit less than 1" with the Hornady Precision Hunter. I can only imagine how much better it would be loading it yourself

For whatever it's worth my Savage 110 in 300 win mag will group a bit less than 1" with the Hornady Precision Hunter. I can only imagine how much better it would be loading it yourself
I haven't seen that ammo on the shelf for a while lol .

I have 300WM Gen 1 Sendero. I tried so many different recipes, heck, burned up 100 rd box. Shot ok but not great.
RL 26 - at best 1 MOA
RL22 - 1.5 MOA
IMR4831 - 1.5 MOA
H1000 - 1 MOA
RL25 - 1.5 MOA

But same rifle shoots 200AB and 196HH 1/2 MOA! Go figure.

I have 300WM Gen 1 Sendero. I tried so many different recipes, heck, burned up 100 rd box. Shot ok but not great.
RL 26 - at best 1 MOA
RL22 - 1.5 MOA
IMR4831 - 1.5 MOA
H1000 - 1 MOA
RL25 - 1.5 MOA

Sometimes our rifles just don't want to eat what we want them to………kinda like my kids😜

RL 26 - at best 1 MOA
RL22 - 1.5 MOA
IMR4831 - 1.5 MOA
H1000 - 1 MOA
RL25 - 1.5 MOA

Muddy,
What's your twist rate? Also what is your loads for AB and HH😊

Muddy,
What's your twist rate? Also what is your loads for AB and HH😊
1:10 is what all of the older Remington .30's used. They may come around in the future to a 1:9 for their "Long Range" rifles but don't count on it, Remington has a never ending talent for missing market changing opportunities and screwing things up.

1:10 is what all of the older Remington .30's used. They may come around in the future to a 1:9 for their "Long Range" rifles but don't count on it, Remington has a never ending talent for missing market changing opportunities and screwing things up.
You would hope, they would make some changes as they rise from the ashes.

Hey maybe that's what they'll call there next rifle "The Phoenix "

Yep 1:10. The 200AB shot great with 72.5 gr RL22 and the 196HH was a laser with RL26. The ladder for the 196HH is in the HH load sheet. I settled in at 3150 fps! Like ALL loads, work up your load with standard safe loading practices.

I just don"t think my 1:10 tw was able to stabilize? the 200 ELDX. Interesting how when 200ELDX first came out the boxes stated min 1:9tw. I think the bullet might be on razors edge to shoot well in some 1:10 twist rifles. Then again, maybe just an old rifle didn't like them. That happens too.

Yep 1:10. The 200AB shot great with 72.5 gr RL22 and the 196HH was a laser with RL26. The ladder for the 196HH is in the HH load sheet. I settled in at 3150 fps! Like ALL loads, work up your load with standard safe loading practices.

I just don"t think my 1:10 tw was able to stabilize? the 200 ELDX. Interesting how when 200ELDX first came out the boxes stated min 1:9tw. I think the bullet might be on razors edge to shoot well in some 1:10 twist rifles. Then again, maybe just an old rifle didn't like them. That happens too.
Oh I guarantee it'll stabilize just fine.

I can do this so confidently because my 1:10 twist stabilizes the 225 eld m wonderfully, and it's a lot longer, whole lot more bullet. I haven't heard the best things about the eld x, but if a 200 grain lead core isn't shooting well in a 10 twist 30 cal magnum of any kind it's almost guaranteed not because of instability.

Like I said, old rifle, lot of rounds, tried .010 off back out to SAAMI and never could get it to smile with the 200ELDX. If you are ok with 1 MOA it did that consistently with the 200ELDX. Burned a lot of powder trying to get it where the 200AB shot but never could. Since I have killed a lot of animals with the 200AB, it just wasn't worth burning up barrel round count to me. I had a 196HH load within 20 rounds, that is now my primary 300WM load. The 200AB is still a favorite due to high confidence I have in it.

You are prob right I used wrong term on stability but it just wouldn't deliver the accuracy and velocity I can get with other bullets.

I will clarify one aspect of the 200ELDX that I saw in load development. It shot pretty good at 2775 but faster I drove it the accuracy dropped. Maybe stay there, save brass and still decent for range I would shoot but the 200AB shot great at 2950 which I felt better option. The 196HH is at 3150 so still better for me.

The 200 ELDX is the only 200 gr lead core that did not shoot well in this rifle at velocities I expect in a 300WM. Heck, I tried box of Precision Ammo which shoots at 2850 fps and still did not shoot as well as the 200AB. Finicky rifle? Finicky loose nut behind it? All of the above?

Like I said, old rifle, lot of rounds, tried .010 off back out to SAAMI and never could get it to smile with the 200ELDX. If you are ok with 1 MOA it did that consistently with the 200ELDX. Burned a lot of powder trying to get it where the 200AB shot but never could. Since I have killed a lot of animals with the 200AB, it just wasn't worth burning up barrel round count to me. I had a 196HH load within 20 rounds, that is now my primary 300WM load. The 200AB is still a favorite due to high confidence I have in it.

You are prob right I used wrong term on stability but it just wouldn't deliver the accuracy and velocity I can get with other bullets.

I will clarify one aspect of the 200ELDX that I saw in load development. It shot pretty good at 2775 but faster I drove it the accuracy dropped. Maybe stay there, save brass and still decent for range I would shoot but the 200AB shot great at 2950 which I felt better option. The 196HH is at 3150 so still better for me.

The 200 ELDX is the only 200 gr lead core that did not shoot well in this rifle at velocities I expect in a 300WM. Heck, I tried box of Precision Ammo which shoots at 2850 fps and still did not shoot as well as the 200AB. Finicky rifle? Finicky loose nut behind it? All of the above?
Like every other bullet we've ever discussed some rifles like the ELD-X and some won't shoot them well at all.

I had two nearly identical M70's in 300wm, one loved them and the other never would shoot them worth a ****.