300 Weatherby magnum mk v

Sikadog

I have been offered a 300 Weatherby magnum at not much money.
I am in the UK so the equivalent price would be about $500, it has been shot very little and comes with fired cases and 50 rounds of ammo.
Are there any problems with these rifles as we do not see many in the uk.
Would it make it make a good long range rifle.

Mark-V is their top of the line action. The prices of different Mark-V models has to do with how high-grade the wood stocks are, and other options, but the Mark V models all use the same US made Mark-V action.

They are great guns! I have a Mark V AccuMark .257 Wby Mag, and it is a tack-driver.

.300 Wby is a great caliber for long-range shooting and hunting.

There are no issues that I'm aware of with the Mark V actions. They're about the strongest factory produced actions I've seen.

I wish I could find that rifle for sale over here for $500....Hell, how much would it be to have it shipped from the UK to Alabama? :D

I have been offered a 300 Weatherby magnum at not much money.
I am in the UK so the equivalent price would be about $500, it has been shot very little and comes with fired cases and 50 rounds of ammo.
Are there any problems with these rifles as we do not see many in the uk.
Would it make it make a good long range rifle.

They make few MK V models from the Sporter with has 26" #2 contour barrel and the Accumark which as 26"#3 contour barrel.

Not knowing what you consider LR those light contour barrel could be a factor. I've had three factory Wby's 30-378/300/7mm also build 300WBY,257 Wby and my latest 270Wby.

We have few in our gun club that shoot the Accumark 300Wby and they like them.

Well good luck

Had a chance to shoot a couple of weatherbys mark v 30-378 and a 300 wby mag needless to say a was not that impressed. with factory ammo the best group on the 30-378 was just over 5"s @100yards but I imagine this could have been fixed with reloads and some minor blue printing.. I just expected more from such a high end rifle.
on the good side quality was excellent and seems like your getting a pretty good deal so if it isnt a real srait shooter could probably get your money back or even make a few bucks...

Had a chance to shoot a couple of weatherbys mark v 30-378 and a 300 wby mag needless to say a was not that impressed. with factory ammo the best group on the 30-378 was just over 5"s @100yards .

Something was bad wrong here. I have owned many accumarks in 300 wby and 30-378, all would easily shoot 1 1/2" ay 100 with Wby factory ammo. And 1/2 to 3/4" after bedded with hand loads.

Jeff

probably right some thing could have been wrong.. it definately was not the optics or the mounting system maybe the stock was lose or a nick in the crown I will add seemed to have a pretty decent trigger for a factory rifle. recoil wasnt that bad with the accubrake either although I did eat alot of dust while spotting for a friend while he took a few shots.

thats a very good price for a Mark V.
They are very strong action. my only problem is that I sold mine... it shot very well.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.