300 ultra nickel plated brass

boscodog

I have some 300 ultra federal brass that is nickel plated - I'd like to know if this is good brass to work with - I'll be using it for an Edge.
Thanx!

I have some 300 ultra federal brass that is nickel plated - I'd like to know if this is good brass to work with - I'll be using it for an Edge.
Thanx!

I've seen mixed reviews on it on here. I posted round about the same question a while back. I'm reloading the same stuff. It seamed to size fine for me. But I'm a newbe. I haven't dropped powder in them yet. Actually seamed to run through my sizing die smoother than the plain once fired rem brass I have.

Thanx!

Once you re work that brass it will will stick to your dies and sieze inside. I had the problem about a dozen times in a row before I threw out that lot of brass. It had to be the plating.

If you trim it the nickel will form a sharp edge that can scratch your dies. AMHIK

the better quality the die the less it likes plated.
mr seaman is correct, i had NUMEROUS stuck cases in plated get stuck in my whiddens.
rcbs green box NOOOOO problem
i only use brass brass in anything that must be precisely reloaded

I have experienced excellent accuracy and very slick feeding using the nickel plated Winchester and Remington brass in a 7MAG and 243. I do not load them over 3 times though. I use Forster dies and haven't got one stuck or scratched.........yet, after at least a thousand rounds.

I reloaded bunch for my 325 wsm. Dont like some had split necks in 3 reloads , hard sizing,much more effort than my 340 Wby. I bought some Norma brass I think it was.Tossed other

Its all I use in my 280AI, fireformed and reloaded about 12 times with no problems. Make sure you set your dies properly. Do not over work it and keep it clean,YMMV.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts