nickel plated brass

Jimm,
Have heard a lot of negatives and some positives on nickle brass. Personally I wouldn't use it unless I had to. That being said, I just bought 100 nickle cases for the 7mm Mag I'm building. Why, so no one gets em confused and shoves a round in one of my .264 Win Mags! My wife, my son, and I go to the range every other weekend, and I just wanted to simplify things by letting my wife have the bright shiny rounds! The metal will be harder to trim & debur, they will likely be tougher on your dies, but if you're doing things the right way, I doubt you'll see any severe consequences any time soon. Clean your dies after each job, and you should not have any major problems.

Thanks nighthunter for the reply.Their does'nt seem to be many opinions on this subject. I'm still trying to find some tests with hard data.Will post findings if I do.

Years back for some reason I can't quite recall, maybe it was seperating brass, we used RP 223 in nickel in my wifes match rifle.

The brass weight was unusually uniform. Such that I gave up weight sorting. It produced great groups at 600. Lasted as long or longer as any other brass. Sizing was not a big deal. Trimming was a bit tougher. I even annealed some of it and had no problems.
Thats just a FWIW.
Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.