300 Norma Mag Improved. Follow along!!!

Mine was a medium Palma contour, LRI pattern x fluting got it below the weight of a Proof Sendero but certainly wasn't cheap.

For you guys running the larger profile steel barrels with heavy spiral fluting…

What profile are y'all starting with to be in the same weight range as the heavier contour carbons? 9-10lb all up rifle like some posted here.
So I don't have an exact weight on what my steel barrel with end up at. BUT my 26" carbon barrel was 3.1lbs when I removed it. My 29" spiral fluted 3B Bartlein was 4.5 lbs before I sent it off. Not sure what 3" less barrel and a thread/chamber job would remove from that.

The biggest thing you will notice If just running a brake is that the bigger profile carbons such as say proof .920 muzzle there abouts, allows for a very large profile brake to be seamless and look very clean and are way more affective than say a T2 .. food for thought

So I don't have an exact weight on what my steel barrel with end up at. BUT my 26" carbon barrel was 3.1lbs when I removed it. My 29" spiral fluted 3B Bartlein was 4.5 lbs before I sent it off. Not sure what 3" less barrel and a thread/chamber job would remove from that.
Planning a project I usually figure 3-4oz less once chambered and 2oz for each inch reduced… seems an ok rule of thumb

For you guys running the larger profile steel barrels with heavy spiral fluting…

What profile are y'all starting with to be in the same weight range as the heavier contour carbons? 9-10lb all up rifle like some posted here.
I've had several 26" Rem Varmint contoured barrels that weighed 3.4 lbs with deep spiral fluting, that's with a 1.200 shank though so it'll be heavier with the proper lapua sized 1.250.
Benchmark makes about the lightest deep fluted steel barrels I've seen, also the most accurate.
I had a 22" #5 deep fluted Benchmark that was 2lbs 12oz

View attachment 414739
Really been enjoying these 300 Norma improved rifles and been super successful with my personal rifle. Got a couple 22" barrels in the near future so we shall see what the do velocity wise. My personal load is 245gr bergers at 2985 with n570 and Lapua brass.
What barrel length & twist rate did you go with on your personal rig?

Sharp build btw, keep up the good work!

Ty at flatline Precision finished my rebarrel to his 300 NMI chamber. He was GREAT to work with. Can't speak highly enough about his customer service and communication. We'll see how she shoots once this non-stop rain decides to take a break 🙌🏼

F48685BA-9AB6-470E-BC51-C1F009BEA4CD.jpeg