300 Norma Mag Improved. Follow along!!!

Literally no idea lol. Just bouncing around ideas in my head. I was considering a standard 300 NMI without shortening the necks?
like my 300 NIMP ... !! it actually has a slightly longer neck 😁 you dont gain enough by shortening it

and I would rather have the neck length

I have several almost done including a 22" HCA carbon build..

Last edited:
Went out this morning to verify my load with the 225 ELDM in now, twice fired brass. 100 yard zero was good so I went to 800 yards.

4.3 MILS and I shot a 3 shot group with some pretty stiff shoulder pressure on the bipod. The group was good, but .2 MILS high.

I lightened up my shoulder pressure quite a bit, where I was just barely up against the shoulder pad. Just enough to take the play out of the bipod basically. And shot the second 3 shot group. Still 4.3 MILS of elevation and the group centered up perfect and was still a solid group.

I think I need to work on my shoulder pressures if it makes this much of a difference haha. Or my gun just shoots like **** and printed two separate groups and my shoulder pressure doesn't matter that much lol.

AA8C783D-FD43-4E4F-A8C6-588C73F75357.jpeg

How much relief is there in the barrel channel? I can put enough pressure to flex a couple of mine, no telling what random pressure on the action or barrel will do. Bell and Carlson OEM Rem stocks flex enough I don't feel comfortable digging in with the bipod Broz-style with a wedge bag and 45* bipod legs.

I use an EVO bipod with the longer legs and spikes for the 45* dig in, looks like that's what you have from the first post.

How much relief is there in the barrel channel? I can put enough pressure to flex a couple of mine, no telling what random pressure on the action or barrel will do. Bell and Carlson OEM Rem stocks flex enough I don't feel comfortable digging in with the bipod Broz-style with a wedge bag and 45* bipod legs.

I use an EVO bipod with the longer legs and spikes for the 45* dig in, looks like that's what you have from the first post.
There's plenty of relief under the barrel so that the stock would never touch it, but something could be torquing for sure. I'll monitor it in the future definitely.

Recent Posts