300 blackout is too weak for deer (graphic)

On the meat issue, I was raised that some meat is better than no meat. Neck shots with the B.O is a 1lb loss. Chest shots will blood shot the arm pits or more. pretty easy choice. The youngsters I'm taking are good shooters, deer are calm and usually laying down, so neck shots are the best option. No kick or wiggle makes for a great first experience with these youngsters.

The orchards we are in are not indicative of pass throughs, trees, equipment, nearby houses dictate that I want a bullet to come apart. If some part leaves the deer or bear it is not going to go far enough fast enough to do any damage.
Once I washed it clean, the neck was all I lost which was a relief. I was worried tge shoulder would be a mess but it was perfect once cleaned up

I run a 125gr Nosler Ballistic tip and have had excellent results on deer and hogs. I'd have to look on how much and the speed but I'm running them with Lil Gun.

I tried Lil Gun and H110. Lil Gun got me around 2450 (****in hot) but popped some primers and was short cycling. Stuck with H110 and backed it off just under blowing primers. I think its 20.2 grains and just under 2400fps. Still HOT but reliable and one of my favorites in the safe.
I've been getting AAC 300BO from palmetto State armory and been getting the 110 VMAX bullets and have been great for coyotes drops them in their tracks.

Lilgun is very good powder does well for ES and SD but is much slower. Overall H110 is the S. H. I. T. In 300BO .
PP 300 MP is also great too. Just started playing with this powder though

Lilgun is very good powder does well for ES and SD but is much slower. Overall H110 is the S. H. I. T. In 300BO .
PP 300 MP is also great too. Just started playing with this powder though
My load is 18.5gr H110 125SST good accuracy and speed out of a 16" gas gun. Approx 2250. Have not killed anything with it yet though.

If 300 blackout is too weak, I guess this Henry 357 mag with Buffalo bore ammo that dropped this Oregon blacktail this morning is even weaker!
20231028_134452.jpg