My sons deer season(graphic pics)

nddodd

This was my 9 year old son Chandler's first season, this was also the first year he shot a centerfire rifle. He had a very good deer season, to start with he shot a little 7 point buck on our youth season here in Ky. The buck was at 110 yds shot coming straight forward square in the chest. I know this wasnt the most ideal shot but the little buck was acting nervous and i felt confident in his ability to make the shot. He hit him dead center of the chest he went maybe 30 yds and fell over. I forgot to mention what he was shooting, i built him/me a Benchmark barreled 6x284 on a savage PTA and a HS stock. It shoots 115gr d-tacs at 3175 fps not the hottest load but it shoots half inch groups at 250 yards i thought that would get the job done.

Here is a pic of the buck:

1289874464.jpg

The second deer is a little doe that he shot yesterday evening, our opening weekend of rifle season. This one i was real proud of, its not real long range but for his second deer at 175 yards i was tickled and he was too. The buck he shot the bullet didnt leave the chest cavity but on the doe it was devestating perfect right behind the shoulder went 15 or so yards and fell over, here are some pics.

Here is a few of the doe kinda graphic the pics are with his finger and hand:

1289876012.jpg

1289842179.jpg

1289838314.jpg

Congrats to Chandler! (and Dad) Good Shooting and this Hunt will make for great memories....Thanks for Sharing!!

Thanks fellas it's hard for me to put into words how I felt when he shot those two I was a very proud dad to say the least.

Nathan

Congrats to you and to your son!!!
Very nice way to get him to love hunting.:)
Though let me tell you I dont like the rifle aiming at his head in the picture.

Congrats to you and to your son!!!
Very nice way to get him to love hunting.:)
Though let me tell you I dont like the rifle aiming at his head in the picture.

It looks in the pic like the rifle is aiming toward his head but it is not I guess just the angle of me standing up and him kneeling down. I assure you I was in charge of the gun before and after the shot, I realize it wasn't the best place for the rifle but he insisted on it being in the picture with him.
I have explained to all of my children to never handle a gun unless they are with me or another adult and to treat them all as if they were loaded even if they know they are not.

Nathan

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.