Is the 6x45 too small?

the range limit has nothing to do with velocity it is all about energy and it dont matter what case it is fired in. a 243 will hit 3300 with a 80gr bullet and have 300fps more velocity and almost 300ft/lbs more energy than the 6x45 at the target
243 998ft/lbs 2300fps
6x45 710ft/lbs 2000fps
most people consider 1000ft/lbs and above minimum expansion velocity to kill game cleanly.
So if you go on with the 6mm ARC with the same mind set you will see a muzzle velocity for a 103 grain ELDX factory load for a gasser runs 2800 FPS @ muzzle with 1038 ft/lbs on target @ 400 yards velocity of 2130. As I recall the numbers were working out a bit better with the 108 gr Elite Hunter that worked out to be my pet load thus far.

So if you go on with the 6mm ARC with the same mind set you will see a muzzle velocity for a 103 grain ELDX factory load for a gasser runs 2800 FPS @ muzzle with 1038 ft/lbs on target @ 400 yards velocity of 2130. As I recall the numbers were working out a bit better with the 108 gr Elite Hunter that worked out to be my pet load thus far.

i am working on a 6 ARC right now with my brother and while it is going to be a nice cartridge it has its limitations also about 400-450yds in a gas gun with 18-22 inch barrels. now in a bolt gun it turns into a different animal altogether especially if you go 24-26 inch barrels and run the higher pressures with hand loads that a bolt gun can handle then 500yds plus is totally within reason

I totally disagree energy has nothing to do and it's all velocity. It's the same argument for now and arrow. What if you have a ton of energy but you don't have enough speed to open the bullet. Tiny hole in and out. That does nobody good energy has to be dumped into target as well. Look at the energy a subsonic.300blk has very little yet it's killed tons of pigs and deer. If the bullet opens it will kill.
Even with your numbers the 6x45 at 2k is well above the min velocity so it's gonna open that bullet and at very least cut a wide path even if slow and kill.
In fact this fall I'll set up and shoot a number of deer at 400 and prove it works. I've done it several times and it works fine.