300 ACC BLK Load Questions

When cfe pistol first hit the shelves, I convinced myself that it would be perfect for short barreled ARs runnin heavy subs. There was zero information that supported this at the time. I think it was around 6 grains I tried. Pulled trigger with a string. Kablooey!
Nuff said

My favorite load so far with the 110 vmax is 20.5 of the 300MP. It is very close to performance and accuracy to the Hornady factory loads (about same velocity, about a .25" larger group). I know that they almost always use customized blends.

Thanks for the input! I picked up four pounds of CFE BLK so I will stick with it until I shot it all.

Made it to the range yesterday. My gun liked 22.3 gr of CFE BLK with Nosler Varmageddon 110 gr FB tipped bullets at 100 yards. No signs of over pressure.

Fair enough accuracy for a gas gun & what I am doing with the load. View attachment 358811
I just went down the .300blk road too. Only mine is in a single shot CVA scout for maximum silence with no moving parts. I did the same thing as you and grabbed 5lbs of cfeblk. My gun likes the same exact supersonic load as yours. Shoots them into one ragged hole at 50 yards and groups sub MOA at 100. The cfeblk does seem to be great for subsonics though. 11.5gr behind a 185 Berger was right at 1040fps.

While I don't use any or have any nosler bullets for the 300bo, I do use 296, lil gun, h110 and 1680. Bullet weights from 110-170gr. 1 day I might load subs, but not my thing! I do use cci450 with all the powder listed. Last night Brownell's had 400 and 450's in stock.

Does the "C" next to the charge weight mean compressed load? Because that's what it looks like. My guess is you may need a different powder with those bullets. Or if powder is your limiting factor, try different bullets- likely need to go heavier and get your charge weight down.
YES

Folks,
First time loading 300 ACC BLK and I am second guessing myself. A second opinion would be appreciated. This looks way to full IMHO.

I am following Hodgdon load data from the website.

Pic 1 - Load data
Pic 2 - Starting Load
Pic 3 - Maximum Load

Brass - New Starline 300 BLK
Powder - CFE Black
Bullet - 110 gr V-Max

If I dismantle a Hornady Black 110 V-Max I'm measuring 19 grains. They are tack drivers for my 300. I triple checked my scale calibration. So ???

Thanks!
4-ball
https://www.nosler.com/load-data/caliber-and-cartridge-data.html

300bo is listed.

I use 300MP for my 110 Barnes TAC-TX supersonic loads. I get 2315fps out of an 8" SBR gas gun and they flat out hammer Texas deer and big pigs.
I use 1680 for my subs and it will cycle both suppressed and I suppressed.

I use 300MP for my 110 Barnes TAC-TX supersonic loads. I get 2315fps out of an 8" SBR gas gun and they flat out hammer Texas deer and big pigs.
I use 1680 for my subs and it will cycle both suppressed and I suppressed.
Thanks Mike. I'll give that recipe a try. TAC-TX have eluded me lately. They are on my shopping list.

I'm pretty happy with this weekends shooting. Nosler Varmageddon 110 with 22.8 gr of CFE BLK. Not bad for three round groups. I'm calling my 16" barrel broken in, now to work out my 11" barrel.
8C616A3E-C7D7-4475-AD66-4DC75925FD90.jpeg

Thanks Mike. I'll give that recipe a try. TAC-TX have eluded me lately. They are on my shopping list.

I'm pretty happy with this weekends shooting. Nosler Varmageddon 110 with 22.8 gr of CFE BLK. Not bad for three round groups. I'm calling my 16" barrel broken in, now to work out my 11" barrel. View attachment 362435
Unfortunately the TAC-TX is a seasonal run so you have to jump when they come available.
I have been able to find some pulled ones on Gunbroker in the past.
they shoot really well in my SBR. The target in the picture is either at 250 or 300 yards, I can't remember. This is with a 1-6 VX6.
34216C17-9974-42CA-8650-D64C2D24F878.jpeg

Just built my first 300 BLK pistol and looking forward to trying it out soon. This thread has me pumped! Will probably shoot factory ammo for now, but may load for it in the future.

Regarding the Barnes 110 Tac TX: They are in stock at Midway, Barnes website, and Munitions express.

Recent Posts