300 blk question

6pakzak

Where I live I can only get a 300 BLK with a 16in barrel so found aero precision upper for 375, also I cannot put a can on it, so my question is will it cycle subs with a pistol length gas system on it, from what I'm hearing locally it can not, if that's the case then I don't see much reason to get it, seems like the things that make it a popular round are things I can not have where I live, will be looking forward to your input.

Ordered aero precision 300blk upper from optics planet, 16in barrel 15in handguard for 360.00, then got email saying they can't ship it to me, to buy it here is 150.00 more for the same thing, I'm thinking of building upper using upper I got on my bushmaster, older one, Windham armory's, not happy.

This might be usufull

This might be usufull
Good read, definitely makes sense. Thanks

What powder are you planning on using? A1680 cycled 100% of the time from 1150 down to 975 FPS. SW Blackout failed miserably and never cycled twice in a row.

BCM 9" 300 BLK upper, H or H2 buffer?, FA carrier, standard carbine spring, no suppressors for those first tests. Factory 200gn WWB subs cycled also.

seems like the things that make it a popular round are things I can not have where I live, will be looking forward to your input.
Not going to lie to you, there's a lot of better options if you can't run a suppressor AND a short barrel.

What powder are you planning on using? A1680 cycled 100% of the time from 1150 down to 975 FPS. SW Blackout failed miserably and never cycled twice in a row.

BCM 9" 300 BLK upper, H or H2 buffer?, FA carrier, standard carbine spring, no suppressors for those first tests. Factory 200gn WWB subs cycled also.

Not going to lie to you, there's a lot of better options if you can't run a suppressor AND a short barrel.
I'm all ears, I'm guessing I can use my upper, 300 BLK will bolt right up? How should I put it together, with tool that holds barrel by lugs?

If you want to use your upper, get a 16" 300 BLK barrel and put it on. It'll work, a pistol length system will cycle without a can fine.

I was thinking more like 6.5 Grendel instead of 300 BLK. As much as I love it, it's nothing more than a long list of compromises to get suppressed subs from an AR-15. If you can't suppress it, that's 75% of the benefit gone.

If you want to use your upper, get a 16" 300 BLK barrel and put it on. It'll work, a pistol length system will cycle without a can fine.

I was thinking more like 6.5 Grendel instead of 300 BLK. As much as I love it, it's nothing more than a long list of compromises to get suppressed subs from an AR-15. If you can't suppress it, that's 75% of the benefit gone.
That's what I was thinking but it was nice to just be able to get an upper, might just can this project