.300 Blk Out needs?🤔

Okay….so as a result of a 'want ad' placed here I'm the proud new owner of a Remington 700 AAC-SD .300 black out rifle. It sits in a Magpul Hunter stock and I went ahead and threw the Sig Sauer LPVO scope on there…..and I kinda like it. 😉 Thank you @jd126 ! Also attached an Atlas BT10 V8 on there (thanks @Abouttime ).
295FE64A-BEDA-4733-AF8C-B34F14E12F08.jpeg
Haven't had much time to mess with it except a little seating depth test at 100 yards the other day. I was using H110, Hornady 110gr Vmax, Hornady brass and CCI srp's. Shot everything on the same target just to see the progression.
CB76DC0C-700C-480B-8F23-9E7DFF57CF9B.jpeg.010 OTL
A1FE3143-C92E-41AD-B8A8-7AF95D55BCFF.jpeg.020 OTL
Made a scope adjustment just for kicks and then shot…..
32029AB1-14ED-48E8-B7A3-99F3ABEF3152.jpeg.030 OTL 😁

Haven't done anything with it since……but I'm going to soon.

They are a ton of fun to load for. I just have a set of rcbs fl dies. I full length size all of my ar cases, because I was told I should. It works fine.

A lb of powder shooting subs will last for years, and it is a potent little cartridge with the 100gr hammers, or 110gr ttsx or 110 vmax. Shooting subs suppressed is just a blast. I let my little nephews and neices shoot mine all the time. Light recoil and no muzzle blast, and they love it. Every load I've ever played with shot really well too. We have killed a few deer with them too, with the subs, and it didn't kill very well, but I'm still playing with that. It is a respectable whitetail killer with the lightweight bullets inside of 200y.
I was in on the ground floor when JD Jones invented the .300 Whisper (aka Blackout). Killed about 120 deer with subsonic loads, 3 turkeys, 150+ groundhogs. I only us subsonic loads. Killed a very nice 8 point this year at 243 yards. Dropped! Longest kill 275 yards with subs. Tested bullets for Lehigh Defense. Their best bullet is 186 gr. Chaos. Other super bullet is 220 gr. Sierra RN. These are the only 2 bullets I've use that drop deer immediately(95%).

I was in on the ground floor when my friend , JD Jones, invented the .300 Whisper (aka Blackout). I've taken 120 deer, 3 turkeys, 150+ groundhogs with it. Best performing bullets are 220 gr. Sierra RN and 186 gr. Lehigh Defense Chaos. These are the ONLY 2 bullets that had 95% drops on deer, 100% drops on turkeys & groundhogs.
Took a nice 8 point last year with the 220 Sierra at 243 yards. Did not move. Longest kill is 275 yds. All subsonic.
I've only used WW296 at JD's suggestion. A mildot scope is mandatory for subsonic loads. I have the dot/distances memorized. I range, pick the right dot, shoot, and see the game fall.
Match bullets lighter than 240 gr. have not performed well on deer.(Shot 2 with 220 gr. Sierra HPBTs that didn't react to the hit. Thought I missed. In 30 seconds they dropped).
I've used multiple brands of brass. All have been very good.

I know you bought the bolt gun, but some people (including some gun stores and even smiths) don't realize that you should check the bolt/barrel for headspace with go/no-go/field gauges in an ar---- usually bolts will properly headspace but I've had some that dont....sometimes machining tolerances stack the wrong way.

Apparently. I was in the LGS yesterday and they had the entire lot of the skeletonized Anderson .300 Blk AR kits waiting to ship back to Anderson. 😐
It would just be the barrel/extension and bolt that affect the headspace--- the rest of the ar is essentially "free floating" since the bolt locks into the barrel extension -- the receiver and or bcg wouldn't affect headspace at all.

Most of the time a different bolt can be swapped out and then proper headspace is acheived....usually just a quick swap and headspace check with the proper gauges.

A little history on the Blackout. My best friend, JD Jones, developed the .300 Whisper. He made me one in the 70s. I tried to get him to patent it. He didn't. Years later after working on many projects with Rem. they "developed" the .300 Blackout the exact same cartridge as the Whisper. They patened it.
I have 40+ years of experience with it. I shoot mine only suppressed. To do that a mildot scope is mandatory since a suppressed bullet falls like a thrown rock. Once you get that scope tou have to see what power to use to get the mildots to line up for your rounds. On my scope I use the top dot for 25 yds. Every dot below that is 25 yds. I just range an animal, put the right dot on it & dead.
Powder: JD developed the Whisper with WW296. That's all I use in a very small dose.
Bullets: JD developed it using 240 gr. Sierra HPBTs. They kill by tumbling & not expanding in game. They work OK, but not great. I grumbled & JD told me to experiment. The Winner is a 220 gr. Sierra RN under the same charge as the 240. By the way, shorter HPBTs don't work on game. They're too short to tumble. I tried it. NO go.
JD hooked me up with Lehigh Defense. I tested many of their .30 cal. bullets for the Whisper on deer. The flat out winner is the 186 gr. Controlled Fracturing bullet. It's nose has 4 skives & the large "HP" has a .17 cal. bullet in it. Therefore, when game is hit there are 6 bullet tracks (4 skives, .17 cal. & the base). A very cool bullet. It and the 220 RN are the only 2 bullets I found that will drop a deer in it's tracks (when suppressed).
Performance: I've taken about 120 deer with my Whisper. A very large 8 pt. last year at 243 yds. in moderate wind, a very large coyote at 171 yds this year. Both were taken with the 220 RN.( less expensive than the Lehigh).
I've also taken several foxes, 4 turkeys, at a few hundred groundhogs with it (mostly 220 RN).

The Whisper/Blackout is a fantastic round supppressed. Recoil of a BB gun. Sonic report of a BB gun with proper suppressor.
A lot of people like to jazz the round up to supersonic levels (.300 Screamer), but I've never seen the need to do that. This is one fun, great round.

To do that a mildot scope is mandatory since a suppressed bullet falls like a thrown rock. Once you get that scope tou have to see what power to use to get the mildots to line up for your rounds.
Or you can buy any modern scope either with an FFP x-mas tree and/or capable of dialing. SFP mildots are archaic.

On my hunting rifle I use an ATN with paired laser range finder. Hit button, range target, scope automatically adjusts, pull trigger. My profile pic is a 100 yard group of 200gn Makers monos at 100 yards from my 7 twist 16" 300 BLK.