30-284?

I thought the same!
I already have a 30-06 and too many others... 😁
I have a problem!😞
Nope... you don't have a problem, yes it's a 06 in most respects. When I was shooting matches up in Chilliwack BC... Canada when it was, a free land, I shot with a lot of very fine Canuck shooters many of them out of the RCMP and Canadian Army and they loved the .30-284 Win over the .30-06 the guys I know understood ballistic and performance, two or more being past members on this forum before they passed, RIP... When I asked, many of them why they liked the .30-284 Win so much for the LR matches... 600 meters to 1000 meters, they simply said in inherent performance they get out of it, not that the .30-06 Springfield isn't accurate they just felt the .30-284 Win was just more constantly more accurate in their finding, "hey... their words not mine." They also were very fond of the .30-338 Win and the 308 Norma Mag kind of ballistic twines as well and near the same case dimension, they like those over the .300 WM and other .30 Mags for pretty much the same reasons.
Personally, I think the .30-284 Win best serves the shooter in a long-action rifle, with better bullet seating, and magazine fit. Ok.. just my 0.2 Cheers.

I think I posted this answer before but why a 30-284?
Just buy a 30-06. Unless you just wanted a rebated case.

I thought the same!
I already have a 30-06 and too many others... 😁
I have a problem!😞

Functionally, I wanted a shorter case because I own tikkas and their max coal is something like 3.380.

I also wanted to spend gobs of money on a cartridge that I can't buy ammo for ;)

I still have my '06 barrel! I love that cartridge.

Supposedly, the case design is more efficient and accurate. I doubt I'll notice that much because I'm not a high level bench shooter.

Anyway, I'll be the only person in the world this year missing my game with my 30-284 improved ;)

I have the 6.5-284 and straight 284 on long actions and love em!
Figured I'd do a 30-284 to shoot some of my 30 cal bullets! Lol

If I had a dime for Everytime guys have asked why not just buy a 280 Rem instead of shooting the .284 win, I'd build a 280 Rem just for chits and giggles. Short answer...Because we want one. 😊
Good answer.
Recon that I made a mistake in my response. Kind of like us keeping a .260 instead of a 6.5 creed or 6.5-284 instead of a 6.5 PRC.

I've got one inbound because it goes with my .284 win switch lug without having to stock another bunch of brass...
Almost the same for me but it's all about the brass and the fact that I love the .284 cartridge. Having several hundred .284 Lapua cases as well as Nosler and Winchester brass, it just makes sense. I have all it's little brothers too.

I've got one inbound because it goes with my .284 win switch lug without having to stock another bunch of brass...
Who chambered it?
Not many will do it from my most recent research... because of all what has been mentioned... Freebore and neck diameter and length

Good answer.
Recon that I made a mistake in my response. Kind of like us keeping a .260 instead of a 6.5 creed or 6.5-284 instead of a 6.5 PRC.
I'd do that exactly... keep the 260 and the 6.5-284!
I've seen both head to head and the Creed won't hang with the match chambered 260 and..........the 6.5-284 is biting the nuts on the 6.5 PRC. 😁 😁😁