284 Win Ruger American

MInative

Finally got this rifle all put together. Curious if anyone else has done similar.
Ruger American long action
Mcgowen 24" 1-8.5" 284 Win gap(long throat) barrel
Bell and carlson stock
Pacific tool and gauge bottom metal
Planning to build a load with 175 Berger Elite hunters and another with Barnes 145 LRX. Still need to bed everything and tidy it up but its finally all together.

Attachments

• IMG_0154.jpeg
    IMG_0154.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0159.jpeg
    IMG_0159.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0160.jpeg
    IMG_0160.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0155.jpeg
    IMG_0155.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0157.jpeg
    IMG_0157.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0156.jpeg
    IMG_0156.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0158.jpeg
    IMG_0158.jpeg
    874.6 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0213.jpeg
    IMG_0213.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0214.jpeg
    IMG_0214.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 208
Definitely a huge improvement over the factory stock. It's pretty sturdy and I prefer them over Boyds stocks. I believe Bell and Carlson and Boyds are the only companies who make a stock for the long action which is a shame.
Follow up, does the mag/floorplate system feed reliably?

My wife shoots an American predator in 6mm and I hate the stock. It has the acis mag system, nut I was unaware you can use a different bottom metal with the b&c stock.

Follow up, does the mag/floorplate system feed reliably?

My wife shoots an American predator in 6mm and I hate the stock. It has the acis mag system, nut I was unaware you can use a different bottom metal with the b&c stock.
Its not feeding perfectly but with a little tinkering and polishing it should be good. I had to mill out parts of the stock to accommodate the bottom metal but I believe b&c makes bottom metal to accompany their short action stocks.

What wrench did you use to remove the barrel?

I am planning on doing the same to a Ruger American in 7prc. How much material did you have to remove to get it to fit the B&C stock? What tooling did you use? Were you able to use the action screws provided by B&C. Also, what mag are you using?

I am planning on doing the same to a Ruger American in 7prc. How much material did you have to remove to get it to fit the B&C stock? What tooling did you use? Were you able to use the action screws provided by B&C. Also, what mag are you using?
If it has factory barrel you shouldn't need to remove material to fit the B&C stock assuming the 7 prc has same barrel contour as a factory .30-06/.270. I wasnt able to use action screws from B&C because I changed the factory magazine over to a system from PT&G which uses bottom metal and AICS style magazines.

Thanks Minative. Great thread from start to finish. You have one of the best looking Ruger American I have ever seen.
How is it shooting?

Thanks Minative. Great thread from start to finish. You have one of the best looking Ruger American I have ever seen.
How is it shooting?
Ive got a pretty good load for some 168 vlds and H-4350. Shoots under 1/2" quite easily. Ive been running into pressure more quickly than what I would think but just need to spend more time loading to get things dialed in.