.284 Hart barrel help

elkslayerjc

So I ordered a .284 Hart barrel in a #4 contour fluted. I had a 280 ackely improved built and as i was breaking in the barrel I noticed chamber chatter on my brass. I contacted the smith and brought back the barrel and he did the right thing by ordering a new barrel. So here is my dilemma, I have a great barrel sitting there that shoots 5 shot groups that I can cover with a dime and I am wondering what I can build on this barrel. I have been kicking around the idea of a 7mm ultra mag or just a 7mm but I am into things that most people don't have. I am looking at a deer rifle for a 1000 yards. Im sure someone out there has some ideas, so any would be helpful.

Thanks

Thanks for the info lefty,
what is the difference between the 28 nobler and the standard 7mm ballistically. I have a 7mm and I run the 160 accubonds. How do these compare with the same bullet?

Thanks for the info lefty,
what is the difference between the 28 nobler and the standard 7mm ballistically. I have a 7mm and I run the 160 accubonds. How do these compare with the same bullet?

The 28 Nosler will hang in there with the 7stw and 7rum... It is a couple hundred fps faster than the 7rem at equal pressures

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.