280AI

Mine likes 59gn of RL19 also 2915 fps. 56gn of RL 17 is its favorite load but I don't have much of that on hand and seems like the quit making it. Luckily I still have a couple of pounds of 19 left.
Do you have a 24" bbl? My 21" bbl would lose about 90 fps if so.

I finally was able to buy some Peterson brass in 280 AI. It comes annealed, trimmed and chamfered. It looks brand new after first firings. Primer pockets are firm and consistent.

I've noticed with my Peterson and loading Hammer HHT bullets I have to put a bit more inside chamfer on these cases. Just a little food for thought

Yes Kimber Hunter 24" barrel. RL19 gives me 2915 fps and RL 17 is 2950. Both around 3/4" group.
Yep, makes perfect sense. IMR 4831 can get me to 2930fps with 59gr, but groups open up slightly. Not sure the shortened barrel (recrowned some years ago) affects more than velocity. H4831 may be a tad slow for 280AI, as I get only around 2700fps with 59gr with Peterson cases. Back in 1990, using R-P cases, had slight primer leak at 61.5gr so I backed off. But I was using different cases back then. 19 at 2830 is very accurate, but not bughole.

Yep, makes perfect sense. IMR 4831 can get me to 2930fps with 59gr, but groups open up slightly. Not sure the shortened barrel (recrowned some years ago) affects more than velocity. H4831 may be a tad slow for 280AI, as I get only around 2700fps with 59gr with Peterson cases. Back in 1990, using R-P cases, had slight primer leak at 61.5gr so I backed off. But I was using different cases back then. 19 at 2830 is very accurate, but not bughole.
I am using H4831SC. Have you tried any Vhitavouri?

I finally was able to buy some Peterson brass in 280 AI. It comes annealed, trimmed and chamfered. It looks brand new after first firings. Primer pockets are firm and consistent.
I have a 1000-280AI cases. Found that the overall case varies several thousands. not quite as good as you say. Nothing wrong, but still there a difference in lengths.

Like with any rifle we are always looking for the perfect combinations when reloading. I've tried many different combinations and found that accuracy is not hard to find in my 280AI. Max speed has come from RL23 for the most part. Best accuracy has come from H4831SC. I ran out of Fed 210's. I switched to CCI BR2's, and it didn't really change much. I tried H4350 with lighter pills and StaBall 6.5 with some long mono's and they worked as well. However, I did get pressure spikes with StaBall 6.5 and 150 BDII that toasted my Peterson brass.

I am using H4831SC. Have you tried any Vhitavouri?
No, I haven't. Wanted to try some Superperformance as well. Although the excellent accuracy with H4831sc is useful, I'm unhappy with the slower velocity and thus feel it's too slow a burn rate. Have you noticed the burn rate charts do not agree? I'll probably try R23 but I am skeptical moving to a slower but rate powder.

No, I haven't. Wanted to try some Superperformance as well. Although the excellent accuracy with H4831sc is useful, I'm unhappy with the slower velocity and thus feel it's too slow a burn rate. Have you noticed the burn rate charts do not agree? I'll probably try R23 but I am skeptical moving to a slower but rate powder.
I haven't noticed that but I haven't looked that closely either. I think I am getting about 2950 FPS with 162 grain ELDX bullets. I am currently trying some N560 and, so far, the speeds are slower, around 2850 FPS. I don't have any specific published data to follow so I have a little more room to go up with powder. Just waiting for some nice weather. By the way, I am using Nosler Brass which is middle of the road in my opinion.