280 AI load data?

According to Steve at hammer and their website, the Hammer Hunter with the drilled hollow point expands into 4 petals and shear off both forward and radially and fragging. The remaining half looks like a wad cutter pistol bullet pushing through, or to, the off side.
Check out their website or call Steve. He can clarify further. It just doesn't turn into microscopic pieces like many cup/core bullets are known to do. They have a customer in Africa who reported back with 13 kills and all the terminal details if you're interested, Shep. Good read.
This is exactly what happened to my bison. Entry hole, blown up lungs and heart and a exit that wasn't really all that big. But the internal damage was a sight! Meat loss was almost nothing. The bullet hit the lungs and put 4 petals in the heart and internal organs. I was very impressed.

This is exactly what happened to my bison. Entry hole, blown up lungs and heart and a exit that wasn't really all that big. But the internal damage was a sight! Meat loss was almost nothing. The bullet hit the lungs and put 4 petals in the heart and internal organs. I was very impressed.
Only thing left in my hunts this year is predators. I have to wait till fall now....dang.
I'm really interested to see how they do on mulies and elk, (maybe) next year if I can get a tag.

I understand kinetic energy and inertia, but the devastation Hammer bullets create just amazes me. I know from my conversations with Steve, it took them some time to find the "right" copper to make their bullets. It must be a perfect storm of performance. All I know is they work very very well.

I understand kinetic energy and inertia, but the devastation Hammer bullets create just amazes me. I know from my conversations with Steve, it took them some time to find the "right" copper to make their bullets. It must be a perfect storm of performance. All I know is they work very very well.

Entrance hole from the inside view, caught the shank and a few pieces of shrapnel too.
Search the thread here. Simple to reload, sight in and then wow! What's not to love! IMG_2348.JPGIMG_2344.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts