.280 AI load data request

58.5 gr H100V with a 154 AH deadblow gets me 3167 FPS. Barrel should speed up some. Only has 20 rounds through it. Next on the list is the 140 AH. Guys are getting over 3300 FPS with them. Also my barrel is 24".

H4831 is the do all powder for the 280 AI. If you want to take it to another level, do like Lance and LSherm said, move to RL23. You won't be disappointed.

Man, first time working with the VLD's and they really put up a fight. I sent ~60 rds before realizing that I had to jam them a little. Anything less than 12 thou into the lands and grouping blew up to 3-5" @ 100! I was on my last trip to the range, ready to pull the pin on them. First group of the day was .012 jammed and the clouds parted and angels began singing. :)

Ended up with a cool load compared to what others seem to be settling on. 57.4gr of H4831SC was the most stable for press/vel so far. Didn't try anything too hot though.

Man, first time working with the VLD's and they really put up a fight. I sent ~60 rds before realizing that I had to jam them a little. Anything less than 12 thou into the lands and grouping blew up to 3-5" @ 100! I was on my last trip to the range, ready to pull the pin on them. First group of the day was .012 jammed and the clouds parted and angels began singing. :)

Ended up with a cool load compared to what others seem to be settling on. 57.4gr of H4831SC was the most stable for press/vel so far. Didn't try anything too hot though.
Which bullet, 168 berger?

The I'll give it a try
I was visiting with a wise and seasoned reloader at the range before I shot today. He was telling me how he feels like they VLD's have like a 5thou window in some barrels. He figured it was always there, just depended on if a guy had the patience and resources to find it.