28 Nosler Bolt Help

Dstevens

I've built ARs but never a bolt action so any and all help is much appreciated! I'm trying to build a 28 nosler on a budget so I don't have to sell any of my other toys. I'm looking at buying a Remington 783, then buying an X-Caliber barrel in 28 nosler. My question is: what caliber should I buy the 783 in so that the bolt would match up with the 28 nosler? I can't find a 28 nosler bolt for the 783 anywhere so I am hoping the 28 shares dimensions with another round. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance!

It takes a magnum bolt, ie 300 am 7mm rem mag. I don't know the 783, but you on a 700 non-ultra mag action you have to open up the feed rails.

Dstevens, I bought a Rem 700 LR SS M40 in 300RUM and rebarreled. Gives you a longer magazine for the 195EOLs and the correct bolt.

300 rum or 700 Rum will take care of it for you.. Nothing cheap about a 28 Nosler though.. Brass is expensive, Best powder hard to find, Dies expensive and on backorder.. You might just be better off buying a 7 RUM and shooting the 195 faster anyway.. Just a thought.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.