277 SIG Fury

New, ... this is a rather expensive experiment, but most are, like wasting Berger 300 gr bullets in a 8.6 blackout because they are accurate. ...Why hold back on performance? Performance...Thats why I "go there" in the first place...full throttle, on a race car, to see what it's got..checked the headspace before and after use, so far it's the same, on both calibers used. I have a new Bartlein barrel for the 6.5 Creedmoor, so I'm not concerned about its barrel and check the progress of its wear ...so far everything is good. Burn less powder at higher pressures probably close to the barrel life of the medium 6.5/ 264 Mag calibers in existence...maybe better.

What an interesting project!

I have experience with the boring old .270 win out of a 22 inch barrel, my first hunting rifle actually. But very limited bullets tried, not because I've never shot it much but because I had a good stash of a few very sufficient pills and never found need of more.

They are the plain vanilla hornady interlocks and they're very good at turning deer into venison 😁

I've used the 130 and 150 flat base and the 140 btsp. The 140 in my subjective perception and very limited sample size does not seem to be quite as emphatic as either of the flat base offerings. That's not to say there's anything wrong with it but I prefer the 130 and 150 after experience with all 3.

The 130 interlock honestly punches way above it's weight and pay grade. Might as well be a partition. I've had it exit after smashing both shoulders on a doe and blowing everything in between them all to heck. It is violent. It penetrates. It is better than any other basic soft point. Nuff said.

HOWEVER,..while the difference isn't much either way, the 150 is slightly but noticably less of a meat destroyer hitting the shoulder inside 200 yards. On does or lighter framed deer though it doesn't quite have the zapped by lighting effect that the 130 does.

I'm splitting hairs but I really have observed these differences. At the end of the day they're both just awesome affordable no nonsense bullets.

New, ... this is a rather expensive experiment, but most are, like wasting Berger 300 gr bullets in a 8.6 blackout because they are accurate. ...Why hold back on performance? Performance...Thats why I "go there" in the first place...full throttle, on a race car, to see what it's got..checked the headspace before and after use, so far it's the same, on both calibers used. I have a new Bartlein barrel for the 6.5 Creedmoor, so I'm not concerned about its barrel and check the progress of its wear ...so far everything is good. Burn less powder at higher pressures probably close to the barrel life of the medium 6.5/ 264 Mag calibers in existence...maybe better.
Another question if you don't mind, how are you developing loads? With the SS head I imagine it doesn't show pressure the same way. Do primers flatten out?

Wow, 800 of those Fury hybrid cases did you buy these once fired or new? How much are new empties of those Sig 277's, like $4 bucks each or so? Are you worried at all the rifle will hold up to 80K pressure level or just sending em out luke warm for now?
When I bought some they were 75 cents each new.

Another question if you don't mind, how are you developing loads? With the SS head I imagine it doesn't show pressure the same way. Do primers flatten out?
Been asked this before, where are all your pressure barrels, strain gauges, and electric testing equipment and your lab. This is not published data, this is my personal experiment for my rifles, do it at your own risk, and not, of coarse recommend by any manufacturer as it would void warranty...but I do not care about warranties, and never sent a rifle I purchased back to any manufacturer...just repair the gun myself.
Been doing it the same way before all the electronic equipment was mostly not invented yet. With the exception of a chronograph today.
The same way we developed loads with wildcats many years ago. Start with brass cases and published data, brass shows the max of a rifle easily. The case capacity is similar or almost the same depending on what brass case the SS case head is compared to...so you have a place to start, and compare velocity between the two. When the easy bolt lift stops, that is a big clue...primer will tend to flow back into the firing pin hole, but still be rounded on the edges, any hard bolt lift you are above what the rifle will deliver. STOP...pull bullets, proceed no farther.The primers may still appear rounded, and case heads pristine no marks at all ... but you are most likely over 80,000 psi. If you study load data and pressures of brass cases you will have a good idea what the max is for your rifle..before the testing is even started, as I have done with the powders I've tried in both calibers 308 win and 6.5 Creedmoor..havent had a blown primer in the cases or pound the bolt open ...
If ya do it... work up slowly, to the predicted pressure...and with experience, you will know. Only take what it gives you...or try another powder, and/or bullet.