270 Win 1:9 High BC Bullets

BLOODHOUND BRO

I'm finally getting a 270 build done with a 1:9 tube, hoping to play around with some of the 170 Bergers or the 165 Matrix (if I can find some or if they ever decide to make them again).

Anybody have any loads they'd be willing to share or recommendations for the larger bullets? What kind of velocity are you able to achieve with your barrel length? Groups? Real BC's?

My previous pet load:

53 gr IMR 4350
CCI LR Primer
Win Case
140gr Sierra GameKing
2910 avg velocity out of 22" tube

Also had a good loads with 4831 and Nosler Accubonds.

Looking forward to messing with this high BC bullets.

Thanks in advance.

You'll want to look at H1000 for the heavies, we've ran the 165's since they came out and they are excellent unfortunately we're back to one option in the 170 Berger but it's been shooting excellent as well though we have not switched the 270 wins over to it the WSM's love them!!

We ran them in the 2860 range from 26 inch barrels with the 165. R26 may show you some love and velocity, worth researching!!

I have a 1:9 twist 26" 270WIN barrel from Benchmark. Love it.
I wish Matrix 165gr were still available, but the new owner (Steve Baardsen) told me the dies/tooling were kept by the original owner. This from Steve:

Hi Craig

When I bought the company, the previous owner kept these dies for his personnel match rifle use. I do not own any 270 dies at the moment so I cannot supply them. I would have liked to have gotten them but I do not.

Sorry but cannot help you.

Steve

My 165Matrix Loads:
I have very good groups with 51.5-52.0gr of Hybrid 100V. Getting MV of 2750-2780. Also, 59.0gr of Magpro yield 1/2" groups and 2825MV
57.5gr of H1000 yields 2820
Also load 54.0gr of Alliant 4000-MR and 60.5gr of RL-25; don't have them chron'd. Groups around .7"

Other loads:
The 140gr Hornady SST does extremely well out to 1000yd with 54.0gr of Hybrid 100V. MV of 3058 and groups <10" at 1000 if calm day.

Just started using 145gr ELD-X and 60.0gr of IMR7977; getting very tight groups but haven't shot over 250yds yet.

My new 1:9 barrel is a Benchmark as well. I am looking forward to working up some loads.

I've never messed with the Hybrid H100V. I'll have to give it a shot.

My new 1:9 barrel is a Benchmark as well. I am looking forward to working up some loads.

I've never messed with the Hybrid H100V. I'll have to give it a shot.

I got hooked on it when "standard" powders were hard to come by. I really like it in 270WIN, 243WIN and 280AI.

Got an email from Steve from matrix ballistics he is trying to get some guys together so he can make a run of the 165's I think he is purchasing dies and figuring out how many jackets to get. I think he is wanting to move asap hit he can here is his email
[email protected]

just sent him an email waiting for reply. hope your right my wallet will be a lot lighter if you are

I also received an email from Steve and this morning he sent another one with some news on the jackets. Here is the email I got this morning.
-------------------------------------------------
Hi Guys

I have good news on the 270 bullets.

The previous owner and I have an agreement to pick up the dies in about 2 weeks because I am leaving for a big match early next week for a week. In the communication between us I got confused in the jackets I needed to make the 165's. It turns out I have access to the same jackets the previous owner used without much delay from another vendor. The Bergers that I was requested to get make 147 match bullets and these are the bullets that he uses. These are a 5 – 6 month delivery at this time.

When I get the dies I will be able to make the following bullets and I will take orders for all of them.

147 VLD match bullets – Delivery would be about December / January 2018 due to jacket deliveries.
165 VLD hunting bullets – Delivery would be August – using original hunting jackets.
175 VLD – match bullets – Delivery would be July - using match jackets

Once I get the website modified so you can place the orders (which should be early next week) then after I get back I will place the orders for the jackets. Deliveries for the jackets should be mid to 3rd week July. I will run the bullets immediately upon arrival of the jackets and deliveries will start about mid-August.

After that first fulfillment of orders then I will try to keep the 165's instock.

I still am asking for a minimum order of 500 bullets. I will hold the cost at $52 USD per box which is the last cost that the previous owner was selling them at. I will need in increase the cost of the shipping but that will be a flat fee for 500 bullets and quote from the PO after that for larger quantities.

Thanks for the interest and look forward to hearing from you more when I get the website up and running with the modifications.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.