270 Build

I'm a huge 270 Win fan for Whitetail deer, and 270 Weatherby Mag fan for Western deer, and antelope farther away. I don't own a Custom Hunting rifle but I could not be more pleased with my Weatherby Mark V Ultralight Hunting Rifle. 5 and 3/4 pounds with a Krieger S/S Fluted 24 inch barrel. In 270 Win. The 130 Grn Ballistic tip are devastating on whitetail deer. Leupold VX 3 2.5X to 8X That is my go to Whitetail Deer Rifle. This December I will be taking the Mark V in 270 Weatherby Mag , with 26 inch barrel , to a shooting school to learn the correct technique to shoot out to `1000 yards. Perhaps next year take the Mark V in 270 Weatherby mag out west for Mule deer. That rifle currently has a VX 3 4.5X to 14 X . Nothing against the 308 or 30-06 , which I also own , I just think if deer is what your hunting mostly, and the rage is moderate , you will love shooting the 270 Win.

I'm a huge 270 Win fan for Whitetail deer, and 270 Weatherby Mag fan for Western deer, and antelope farther away. I don't own a Custom Hunting rifle but I could not be more pleased with my Weatherby Mark V Ultralight Hunting Rifle. 5 and 3/4 pounds with a Krieger S/S Fluted 24 inch barrel. In 270 Win. The 130 Grn Ballistic tip are devastating on whitetail deer. Leupold VX 3 2.5X to 8X That is my go to Whitetail Deer Rifle. This December I will be taking the Mark V in 270 Weatherby Mag , with 26 inch barrel , to a shooting school to learn the correct technique to shoot out to `1000 yards. Perhaps next year take the Mark V in 270 Weatherby mag out west for Mule deer. That rifle currently has a VX 3 4.5X to 14 X . Nothing against the 308 or 30-06 , which I also own , I just think if deer is what your hunting mostly, and the rage is moderate , you will love shooting the 270 Win.
I've never owned a 270 Weatherby, but can guarantee your 270 Winchester would likely be just as capable at the ranges I limit myself to.
Inside 600 yards, there's actually nothing in the northwest I wouldn't feel confident shooting. Your Mark V Ultralight sounds like a perfect rifle for the west 👌

Thank You Buddy, It is such a sweet rifle, and it shoots 59.5 grns of H 4831 with 130 Grn Ballistic tip so incredibly well. I had the stock Hydro Dipped to make it snow Cammo, for no good reason, because I just cant resist doing stuff to my rifles!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2566Weatherby Ultralight . Snow Camo  stock dipped. Dec 24 2019.JPG
    IMG_2566Weatherby Ultralight . Snow Camo stock dipped. Dec 24 2019.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2569Weathwrby Ultralight Pic 1 Dec 24th  2019.JPG
    IMG_2569Weathwrby Ultralight Pic 1 Dec 24th 2019.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
I've never owned a 270 Weatherby, but can guarantee your 270 Winchester would likely be just as capable at the ranges I limit myself to.
Inside 600 yards, there's actually nothing in the northwest I wouldn't feel confident shooting. Your Mark V Ultralight sounds like a perfect rifle for the west 👌
X-2