27 Nosler

Is the saami chamber for a 27 nosler optimized for running the long heavy bullets? I realize Nosler came out with the 165g ABLR for the 27 nosler, just wondering if you guys would have a chamber cut to saami spec or have a longer throat?

Is the saami chamber for a 27 nosler optimized for running the long heavy bullets? I realize Nosler came out with the 165g ABLR for the 27 nosler, just wondering if you guys would have a chamber cut to saami spec or have a longer throat?
Longer Throat. The SAMMI 27 Nosler has no freebore. I have a reamer on file at JGS that is throated for the 170 Berger's. I can get you a COAL and freebore dimension tomorrow if you like.

About 3 years ago I had Bob White build me a 270 Win , with a super long throat so the 150 Grn. ABLR is only in the neck of the case. The Coal and OGIVE are very long, and I only shot it once. 29-inch very heavy Hart Barrel, with an 8 twist. On a 98 Mauser action. I have 170 Bergers waiting to be loaded, but could not find any data. I'm guessing H 4831SC might be a possible choice, since it works very well with the 150 Grn Bullets. I never knew this modification of the .270 Win actually had a name!!!! Very Nice!!!Any suggestions for loads??? BOOTS , any thoughts ??

Funny how the 270 WSM never caught on. But when the 6.8 western hit the market it was the greatest thing since pockets on a shirt. I already had a 270 WSM so I rebarreled it with a 7.5 twist and shoot 175gr Sierra TGK and Mag Pro powder. It shoots great have a bunch of brass and bullets. On animal test has been Texas hogs at 100 yards and it knocked the crap out of them.
Now we have the Sig Fury. Is it 6.8-308,27-308 or 270-308. 6.8-308 has a nice jingle to it

Is the saami chamber for a 27 nosler optimized for running the long heavy bullets? I realize Nosler came out with the 165g ABLR for the 27 nosler, just wondering if you guys would have a chamber cut to saami spec or have a longer
The Nosler bullet is only 0.045" shorter than the 140 gr .277 SBD2 so it is not likely that you would need a longer free bore meaning the SAAMI chamber should work for both bullets. I should point out the the ogive on the 140SBD2 is longer than the 165 ABLR meaning that the 140 SBD2's shank diameter is further back from the meplat necessitating a bit of an increase in OAL to achieve the same distance off the lands as the ABLR bullet. That said, the SBD2s will shoot well will longer jumps.

Funny how the 270 WSM never caught on. But when the 6.8 western hit the market it was the greatest thing since pockets on a shirt. I already had a 270 WSM so I rebarreled it with a 7.5 twist and shoot 175gr Sierra TGK and Mag Pro powder. It shoots great have a bunch of brass and bullets. On animal test has been Texas hogs at 100 yards and it knocked the crap out of them.
Now we have the Sig Fury. Is it 6.8-308,27-308 or 270-308. 6.8-308 has a nice jingle to it
How about an abbreviated 6.8-08 taking a clue from to 7-08. It is an interesting cartridge, and I would be interested to see how well it does on a bolt gun. I think the excessive speed of the Fury's military load will shorten the service life of the gas guns unnecessarily and reduce reliability, but that is just me, a tax payer. I think the 308 would have been improved significantly if they went to a lighter higher BC 150 gr bullet all copper and loaded it to 2900 fps or gone to the 7-08 shooting a 150 gr bullet with a higher BC as well.

About 3 years ago I had Bob White build me a 270 Win , with a super long throat so the 150 Grn. ABLR is only in the neck of the case. The Coal and OGIVE are very long, and I only shot it once. 29-inch very heavy Hart Barrel, with an 8 twist. On a 98 Mauser action. I have 170 Bergers waiting to be loaded, but could not find any data. I'm guessing H 4831SC might be a possible choice, since it works very well with the 150 Grn Bullets. I never knew this modification of the .270 Win actually had a name!!!! Very Nice!!!Any suggestions for loads??? BOOTS , any thoughts ??
Lenny,
Will post up 170EOL, 175TGK and 170BT. All were with RL26. The 170EOL topped 3050, the 175TGK was ~2950 and so was 170BT. Still working in the 170EOL, just need to set time and range!

Longer Throat. The SAMMI 27 Nosler has no freebore. I have a reamer on file at JGS that is throated for the 170 Berger's. I can get you a COAL and freebore dimension tomorrow if you like.
Are you serious right now???

I get that freebore might smack too much of Weatherbys and RUMs but why on earth would Nosler design such an overbore round with NO FREEBORE!!!!????

If this is true this is ridiculous!

Are you serious right now???

I get that freebore might smack too much of Weatherbys and RUMs but why on earth would Nosler design such an overbore round with NO FREEBORE!!!!????

If this is true this is ridiculous!
To get it to fit in a 3.34" coal instead of extending it out to like 300 prc length