.264 Winchester Mag new Sendero

300Rumbum

I just took delivery of a new Remington Sendero SF II in .264 Win. Mag. I had a Vias muzzle brake installed by Gary O'Cock of benchrest fame. Scope is a Leupold VXIII in 8.5-25 in Varmint Resticle. I am using Winchester brass straight from the bag, WLRM primers, 142 grain Sierra MKs and seating bullets .010 into the lands. MRP-2, H4831 Long Cut and RE25 show promise. Attached are pics of two of the groups I shot at 100 yards. Saturday I will go back out to chrono and shoot at 200 yards. I may have found a node. As always, back off 10% and work up. Note: I understand Cerberus is acquiring Remington. I am going to call some guys I know there and tell them to buy what is left of Winchester, Norma powders and Sierra (maybe just the 142 MK line) and have them offer up the group with the gun just like McDonald's sells Happy Meals. Also, when I figure out how to post the pics I will. For now, H4831 is 57.8 grains and shot a .211 and MRP-2 was 61.5 grains and shot .186

What hunting bullets and loads have you tried? I have a couple boxes of the new Nosler 130 Accubonds. Have you tried them?

finally the revivale of the 264 win mag. I've had two a 24" and the westerner(26) which I still have. It is the most accurate bone stock rifle I've ever owned. Lying down in the back of my truck, and shooting over my sleeping bag, with stock 140gr. factory loads it would shoot under an inch all day. I rarely shot it at anything under 300yds. Don't make the mistake I did though and shoot a deer at 70yds with it and factory ammo those 140 grainers came completely apart. The whole front half of the deer was blood shot like I've never seen before. But I really love that gun!!

Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.