264 Winchester Magnum

Finally fired and used the Chrony on the Nosler 130 grain Accubond they shot 1/2 groups and velocity 3,075fps. The box listed its velocity at 3,100fps so pretty close. The only thing is I paid $65 a box so that sucked.

Finally fired and used the Chrony on the Nosler 130 grain Accubond they shot 1/2 groups and velocity 3,075fps. The box listed its velocity at 3,100fps so pretty close. The only thing is I paid $65 a box so that sucked.
WHOA 1/2" thats GREAT.............65Bucks a box, guess I'll have to load some!!!!! Have you tried the Winchester 140 factory stuff? They shot 3/4" outta mine, didn't chrono them though......

Yea $65 a box is pretty expensive. I pick up some accubond. 130 grain to start reloading them cause they shot pretty dam good. I was looking in the nosler reloading book and they don't list data for US869 or Retumbo powder. So my question is where do you get data to use these powders

I was getting over 3600 fps with the 120 BT in my 264 Win mag with Retumbo.
Hodgdon's data shows 70.5 grains of Retumbo pushing a 120 out at 3299 fps with 61,700 PSI. If you're getting over 3600 fps with one, I think that's a bit past the safety margin. Unless you've got a 34 inch barrel.

Hodgdon's data shows 70.5 grains of Retumbo pushing a 120 out at 3299 fps with 61,700 PSI. If you're getting over 3600 fps with one, I think that's a bit past the safety margin. Unless you've got a 34 inch barrel.

High vel, but I think Hodgdon uses a 24" barrel for this data. That would not make a hoot with a 308, but a 264 with Retumbo it could easily be 100FPS. I have seen recent articles fron W. van Zwoll & others that load a little heavier & of course these should be approached with caution. I don't see a problem with 3450-3500fps, but my Number 1 might tell me otherwise, we shall see. But yea, 3600 is movin on!!

I'm using CCI 250 Large Primers magnum for all my loads. Is there a difference from CCI, Winchester, federal or Remington primers?

I'm using CCI 250 Large Primers magnum for all my loads. Is there a difference from CCI, Winchester, federal or Remington primers?

Some one over @24 hour did a test on which primers where the hottest as per the post there is a difference, and is why if I have a decent load/group I'll try a different primer just to see can I get a little tighter!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.