264 win mag

I have 2, a Win Model 70 EW and a custom Rem 700 Sendero with 29" 1:8" twist with custom chamber.
I can't talk you out of buying/building one of these, it is by far one of the most underrated cartridges out there and is a great performer at long range, I run 129g and 142g ABLR in mine. Another good deer bullet is the 140g Accubond.

Cheers.

Really wanting to add a 264 win mag to my collection. I once used a buddies on a hunting trip when my rifle was giving me issues and have wanted one ever since. I was impressed with the round and it's capabilities. Someone talk me out of it. Thanks in advance LOL
I first saw the 264 mag when I was 18 and wanted one but did not have the money. Since that time, I have been through 6.5 X 55 Swede converted from a 96 mauser. 6.5 X 55 A.I. custom build, 6.5 X 284 long range target rifle and in 2008 I had a custom 264 Mag built for 140 grain pills. If it's 400 yards or less the 264 will get the job done, if it's brown it's down. Can it shoot further? Sure but I have never had a reason to do so, with a 26" barrel and 1/8 twist it will throw Bergers 1/2 M.O.A or better. There are others 6.5 STW, 6.5 WSM, 6.5 Sherman and they all look great on paper but I have never shot any of them, so I can't say one way or the other. But Weatherby caught my eye and from what I have read 6.5 RPM may be the ticket, though I would want a 7.5 or 7 twist to try some 160 Matrix bullets. Go build you a 264 mag and you will be happy.
Ace

Your not getting talked out of it ha ha.

Great round, I put one together for my dad on an older M77 MKII that used to be a 300 wm. Using Retumbo in ADG 7mm rem mag brass necked down and a 26" barrel, we're shooting the 156 EOL at 3085 at a modest load, pressure signs don't show up until around 3180 fps, but the best consistency and accuracy was at the lower node. It's great, because 7mm rem mag brass is easy to find and has some good options available, and if you want head stamped brass, Norma isn't a bad option. It's the daddy of the 7 mag, it's old school, and it has killer ballistics. It is also about as overbore as you can get before the 6.5 bore starts getting finicky. 26 noslers and 6.5-300 wby types are great for what they are, but in general, can be a little more challenging to get them shooting great, and for the extra powder, don't really get you a ton. The load we ran before this one was a 147 ELD-M at 3240 fps, it was pretty close to the max in this gun but it shot great and really consistent. A 26 nosler will top that, but not by much, and with about 10-15+ grains more powder.

So, build one!!!

Really wanting to add a 264 win mag to my collection. I once used a buddies on a hunting trip when my rifle was giving me issues and have wanted one ever since. I was impressed with the round and it's capabilities. Someone talk me out of it. Thanks in advance LOL
.264 WM is the soy sauce needed to spice up anyone's collection.

I have 2, a Win Model 70 EW and a custom Rem 700 Sendero with 29" 1:8" twist with custom chamber.
I can't talk you out of buying/building one of these, it is by far one of the most underrated cartridges out there and is a great performer at long range, I run 129g and 142g ABLR in mine. Another good deer bullet is the 140g Accubond.

Cheers.
Wouldn't want to part with one would you?