.264 Win Mag question

jalinkly

I have a Ruger Hawkeye 77 in .264 and am currently shooting 130 grain Nosler Accubonds over .5 grain below max of RL19; I believe its 58.0 grains. Don't know if anyone has a similair experience but my handloads wont chamber at the COAL of 3.340. I've had to shorten mine to 3.240 for them to chamber. It will chamber Remington factory 140's without a problem. Can't understand why. I really can't complain tho. This load shoots just a hair over a half inch and its not anywhere near a compressed load.
Anyone have a similiar issue or know why this may be?
progress.gif

I ha;ve found that the accubonds need to be seated slightly deaper than some other bullets when yhou are comparing overall length. lightly size a case, put in a bullet and see how far the lands push the bullet back in,then change your seatinag die about 10 thou and give it a try.

Thanks for the response. Did that, was surprised how short I had to go. Accuracy is good so no big deal. Just wondered if others experienced anything similiar.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.