26 Nosler Wildcats - 30 Nosler (308)

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
So, I read this whole thing.. is the 30 Nosler going to become an option for Nosler rifles? How does it compare to a 300 WM in 24" barrel? 180 and/or 200 gr bullets

Having just built a 30-26 Nosler, I hoping to resurrect this thread for some load data...

Has anyone worked with the 210 ABLR's in this wildcat yet?

Having just built a 30-26 Nosler, I hoping to resurrect this thread for some load data...

Has anyone worked with the 210 ABLR's in this wildcat yet?

What is the difference between the 30-26 Nosler and the 30 Nosler? Does the "non-wildcat" have a longer/shorter neck length? Is there any advantage of one over the other?

What is the difference between the 30-26 Nosler and the 30 Nosler? Does the "non-wildcat" have a longer/shorter neck length? Is there any advantage of one over the other?

The 30-Nosler has the shoulder moved back .050 or so. I can't find my SAAMI spec sheet but I think the neck is longer to maintain the 2.59 case length.

A couple grains less powder capacity goes to the lawyers. I had an email conversation with the "ballistictian", he said it was all to optimize the 3.4 COAL for Nosler bullets.

I still like the 308/26-Nosler more. If you want a couple grains less powder go with a 300 Wby.:rolleyes:

The 30-Nosler has more than a WM, about the same as a Wby.

Yes, why the change. It was done with the 7mm+300+375 RUM vs. the 338 RUM.

Corporate decisions are corporate decisions. Ballistiction said do it so they did.

The 30-Nosler has more than a WM, about the same as a Wby.

Yes, why the change. It was done with the 7mm+300+375 RUM vs. the 338 RUM.

Corporate decisions are corporate decisions. Ballistiction said do it so they did.

Is it possible to use the 30 Nosler reloading dies available, even with the 30-26 Nosler based wildcat or does it require specialized custom dies?

Is it possible to use the 30 Nosler reloading dies available, even with the 30-26 Nosler based wildcat or does it require specialized custom dies?

I don't know. I do not have 30-Nosler does.

My resizing method is not for the faint of heart. A rather complicated string of 300WSM dies, 375 RUM does and general purpose Hornady 300neck die. It works until...

I bought several sets of 28-Nosler and a set of 26-Nosler dies. Going to send them to JLC someday to get them converted to bushings. One for 257 to 277, one for 284 to 323, one for 338 to 358 and one for 378 and up.

I'm just curious if the 308-26 Nosler is something that can be easily fireformed from readily available 30 Nosler brass, but still be loaded using the same dies. That would be perfection! If all they did was push the shoulder back 0.050, that should an easy fire forming process and the dies would work with the wildcatted round easily.

Last edited:
It would be simpler to simply neck up 26 or 28 Nosler brass than to fire-form 30 Nosler brass.

Using 30 Nosler dies should work (dimensions would need to be confirmed).

I'm just curious if the 308-26 Nosler is something that can be easily fireformed from readily available 30 Nosler brass, but still be loaded using the same dies. That would be perfection! If all they did was push the shoulder back 0.050, that should an easy fire forming process and the dies would work with the wildcatted round easily.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.