25SST takes new Idaho record Bear.

6'6" from nose to tail. He actually seems to have a huge skull compared to his body… ol jughead 😂
So tricky to measure. You did right by not stretching the tail, however I hear you could follow the curve of the skull by pushing the tape flat to the nose, up over and around the skull to the base of the neck. Thst would probably get you 1-2 more inches on the length. What about his wingspan?

A great bear and trophy of a lifetime for sure. As I stated in a previous comment back when this was first posted, I am looking forward to seeing this great trophy at the top of the Idaho record books. I have read all the comments and there seems to be some conflicting statements (elkaholic), in one it was "my client", in another it was "self guided ", and another it was "unguided ", I am easily confused.

I have read all the comments and there seems to be some conflicting statements (elkaholic), in one it was "my client", in another it was "self guided ", and another it was "unguided ", I am easily confused.
"my client" refers to the hunter who purchased the Sherman cartridge from Rich Sherman(Elkaholic). Self guided and unguided = same thing, the hunter was his own guide.

Why a 25 cal on such a big critter?

To prove its effectiveness?

I'm not arguing it, in fact I never heard of 25SST until I read this, I see the results were favorable....Took em down

Just wondering why

Why a 25 cal on such a big critter?

To prove its effectiveness?

I'm not arguing it, in fact I never heard of 25SST until I read this, I see the results were favorable....Took em down

Just wondering why
Ultra high velocity combined with monos is a devastating combination. Weatherby was on to something with their velocity and the 257 Bee back in the day and now we have the monos to really push the limits.