25sst finally breaking it in

Old post but just diving in to the 25SST, has anyone used N570 or is that too slow? The 565 is pretty hard to find. I also have some 7828SC
Thanks fellas. Planning on shooting a 128gr hammer. Also noticed that some peeps are using magnum primers and some are using standard large rifle. Any insight on that would also help

N570 will give top velocity in the 25SST along with RL26. I ran a 26" Bbl with the 131gr ACE and didn't see pressure signs until 3385 fps with n570. As far as primers I run the standard 210s, but it never hurts to try both and see what shoots best.

You may already know this but you're going to want a fairly long drop tube to get enough n-570 in the case to get to pressure. And you'll also want to have at least once fired brass so it's blown out to hold enough of it. 7828 should work good also I'd think, just may not yield as much speed. It would probably be a good fireform/break in powder. You'll have to look elsewhere for a starting load though cause I haven't played with it in mine.

Recent Posts