25sst finally breaking it in

it should be very similar to the 6.5 version which weve had for a few years. Barrel life depends on several factors including long shot strings causing excessive heat and high pressure loads, etc. In the 6.5 weve had a low of 1500 in PRS and upwards of 2500.
Thanks. As a quarterbore fan, I'll be watching.

Pretty impressive so far. Rich has a knack for designing cases around the optimum bullet! Can't wait to get mine up and running. I'm curious to see where I end up with it in a 24" bbl. I've got h-1000 and n-565 that I got for this one. Not really wanting to tap into my rl26 and Retumbo reserves as they're designated for different rifles but I'll probably give them a test at least when I get time one of these days.

N565 looking promising
57.6 grain at 200yds. 3 shot group
E9BEBB45-75AD-4291-94D8-5FF11262FA51.jpeg

Looks really good @ 200. What's that running velocity-wise? I'm guessing 3,200+?
Today I just shot groups since at 200. That's brass not even fire formed. Now I have enough fire formed. I'll do the satterly load test and let ya know. I'm guessing I'll land somewhere around 3200 when all done with a load that will group. That load in pic is only 57.6 and Max is close to 61/62

Today I just shot groups since at 200. That's brass not even fire formed. Now I have enough fire formed. I'll do the satterly load test and let ya know. I'm guessing I'll land somewhere around 3200 when all done with a load that will group. That load in pic is only 57.6 and Max is close to 61/62
Wow, that's impressive. I'm getting a bit hot and bothered about this cartridge, so I'll be keen to hear about it. Besides the 131 Black Jack, what other commercially available bullets in .257 will work? I'm assuming this is a 1:7 or 1:7.5" twist?