.257 rob

After the kimber will be this one in .308
20230526_173329.jpg

Original owner kept scope in pic but the one I have will fit a little slimmer
View attachment 471199
I'LL TAKE IT!!
Hahahah just kidding! (Not)

Best performance I ever had with a 100 grain barnes X with a dose of 4831. Hit a rib going in and blew an awesome hole out other side. Staggering and death were instant. Conversely, Nosler ballistic tip and almost point blank range exploded and blew the shoulder half off (frontal shot). Meat loss was unbelievable. Last time I used them. Period.

Leaning towards barnes, because shots could be 10 yards to max 200 until I get comfortable with it

I'LL TAKE IT!!
Hahahah just kidding! (Not)

Best performance I ever had with a 100 grain barnes X with a dose of 4831. Hit a rib going in and blew an awesome hole out other side. Staggering and death were instant. Conversely, Nosler ballistic tip and almost point blank range exploded and blew the shoulder half off (frontal shot). Meat loss was unbelievable. Last time I used them. Period.
It's even nicer in person!!!

Ive used both bullets, just in a 257 wby, and have had great results. My father has done well with the 110 AB out of his 25-06. I think you'll do just as well with either the barnes ttsx or the nosler accubond at the ranges you stated.

As you said, good luck finding the 110 AB anymore and if you do, let me know! Great bullet but you just can't get more of em. I bought some 117 sierras and 110 eldx to try out of the Wby for now

My parents presented me with a new Ruger No1 in 257 Robert's for my 21st birthday. In the more than 40 years that have passed I have shot several red deer using the 87 grain Sierra flat base bullet. Altogether I have not chronographed it 42 grains of IMR 4064 with Fed 210 primers in Remington brass should produce close to 3300 fps according to Sierra. The Ruger No1 has a 26" tube.
Good luck with your Kimber.

At 200 yards and under Barnes TTSX or Hammers would be good. 115gr Berger would be good too. I killed a cow elk at 260yrds with the Berger in a 257 weatherby. 2 shots, but it turned out that I didn't need the 2nd shot. The first double lunged her. Neither bullet exited and both were kill shots.

I don't have any experience with the 110 Accubond ( I shoot a lot of Accubonds in different calibers but have not had access to the 110's when I have been restocking bullets) my two cents says load up the Barnes 80 grain TSSX- it has served me well in my 250 AI guns on antelope and feral hogs, I can tell you with frontal skeletal shots they are DRT, and I have taken plenty with this bullet. I have also taken Aoudad sheep at 400 yards plus with the 257 BOB with 100 gr Nosler Ballistic tips- heck they all work when placed properly at reasonable ranges.
I recently got myself a 257 Roberts . I've worked up some 100gr Speers ,haven't had a chance to try them out yet and from reading your info on yours it's beginning to look really promising. I've always heard good things about this cartridge hopefully I'll be able to add some good things to this as well thanks for the heads up I'm really excited about trying this out even more