.257 Bullets

Quarter Round

I'm looking for an accurate bullet at 200 to 600 yds with good terminal performance on whitetails out of a 257 Wby. My first choices are the 110 AccuBond and the 115 VLD Berger. I have on hand 100 Partitions and 120 HPBT Game Kings. Comments and suggestions welcomed.

The accubond would seem to be a good choice, but seems to be in short supply for several months now. Not sure what the problem is. I've never shot Bergers, but have read about them on this forum and most like their accuracy. Have not been able to find to much about the .257 or the 120 SGK.

I have the 115 VLD shooting well from my stock .257 WBY 26". I am going to try some 110 AB's. But I dont think any of the mentioned bullets will group like the Bergers out past 400.

JMO

Jeff

trueblue> How is the 100 TSX accuracy holding up past 300 yds.?

Broz> See you're cruz'n the www too. Expecting my dies any day for the .257 and plan to shoot the MKs as I stated on WB forum. If the AB's don't show up in stock soon at the local stores then the 115V LD will be tested against the SGK.

Charles B,

I find the accuracy is fine to 400yds. I don't have a place to shoot farther than that right now. I am hitting a 6" steel plate at 400 with the 100gr TSX, so I feel confident with this bullet for hunting to that range.I have a friend that shoots a 257 Weatherby with 100gr TSX and has shot deer with it out to 650 yards.

Trueblue,
Thanks for the input. The TSX will be added to the list. I would like to find out more about the terminal performance at the longer ranges. Any details you can add would be appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.