,257 Bullets and Pass throughs

tricky subject in my book. i started running my '06 with standard remington 100gr core lokts. i never recovered any bullets and had lots of quick flop over kills. then i began to hand load and ran the 100gr ttsx at about 3300fps. only killed a couple deer with that load but found all the bullets back. these were facing frontal shots and the bullets were recovered after passing through the stomach. so, i suppose those would have passed through if from the side. no faults for performance, those deer died too, just didn't get an in and out. i've since switched to the 115 berger and 115 tsx but haven't made any kills with those yet.

Dale Janzen owner of Chinchaga bullets runs the 135 gr bullets out to 1000 yards in a 25 WSSM bench rest rifle, supposed to be some seriously accurate shootin bullets , CT means the HP was closed in a bullet pointing die, you can get them in Open Tip for hunting use, I bet they will wipe out deer in their tracks , give Dale a call for more info

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 94
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.