.257 high B.C. bullets

slickyboyboo

Is there a need for another manufacturer of a high B.C. .257 cal bullet for hunting? Reason I ask, is the folks at Whiskey 3 Precision said they would make some if they could get enough preorders to make a run, much like they are doing with the 6.5mm, 7mm, and .375 projectiles. I've been looking for something to tinker with in my .257 Bob, that has a bit better B.C. than your standard available hunting bullets. I'd like to see a line of high B.C. bullets ranging from 110-140 grains.

Thought??

Wish I had a 9 twist instead of a 10 twist barrel. I'm not sure my barrel will stabilize more than ~120gr bullets, if they're of a high BC design.

I would like to see a high bc 100 or 110 gr for a couple 250-3000 10 twist youth rifles

I would love to have some for my .25-06 AI and .257 Wby (both 10" twist), as lomg as they could stabilize in a 1:10. Preferrably around 125-140gr.

The .25 cal market needs to be brought up to speed...Like everything else is.

Deer don't need massive knock-down to kill, but I would prefer to have a heavier-hitting bullet for whitetails and hunt with my .25-06 AI some this year.

I have killed many deer with my .257 Wby with 110 Accubonds, but have never had one do a bang-flop with that caliber. I have on several occasions with my 7mm RM with 160 & 168 gr bullets. I hate it when they run more than 15-25 yards, so I like to drop them hard, while using a smaller bullet to preserve meat.

I believe a 130-140gr .25 bullet moving along at .25-06 AI and .257 Wby speeds would be nasty, even out to 850-1000 yards.

It would really allow us .25 cal fans to finally step up to the plate and compete.

They might not be the highest BC bullets you can get but if you want to BANG FLOP a deer with a .257 cal rifle get you some 117 Sierras. I have been shooting them for around 20 years and have killed hundreds of deer with them, I used to do crop damage control, and 90% of the time it is bang flop from my 25-06 and those that don't bang flop don't go over about 30 yards.

i'm in for some 120-140gr 257's also to stabilize in a 10 twist. i'm shooting 110gr accubonds in my 257 roy right now and would love something better. If they will be in the same price range as bergers and matrix bullets then put me down for 500 please.

They might not be the highest BC bullets you can get but if you want to BANG FLOP a deer with a .257 cal rifle get you some 117 Sierras. I have been shooting them for around 20 years and have killed hundreds of deer with them, I used to do crop damage control, and 90% of the time it is bang flop from my 25-06 and those that don't bang flop don't go over about 30 yards.

I hate SGK's.....I used to use them in my 7mm STW until I shot a few deer and realized how much meat they ruin.

i'm in for some 120-140gr 257's also to stabilize in a 10 twist. i'm shooting 110gr accubonds in my 257 roy right now and would love something better. If they will be in the same price range as bergers and matrix bullets then put me down for 500 please.

Price is important. I can handle Berger prices, but anythijg more expensive than that, and I'll walk...

Matrix make the same bullet without the metal tip that W3P would make in 130 and 135 grain, with the addition of the metal tip I doubt anyone would stabilize their 130 in a 1-10 twist. I can stabilize the Matrix 130 at 6000 ft elevation but the 135 does not fair as well. A W3P in the 115-120 range would be workable, on the higher end like 140+ the twist rate needed can become a jacket killer if you want to push.

The .25 cal market needs to be brought up to speed...Like everything else is.

Deer don't need massive knock-down to kill, but I would prefer to have a heavier-hitting bullet for whitetails and hunt with my .25-06 AI some this year.

I have killed many deer with my .257 Wby with 110 Accubonds, but have never had one do a bang-flop with that caliber. I have on several occasions with my 7mm RM with 160 & 168 gr bullets. I hate it when they run more than 15-25 yards, so I like to drop them hard, while using a smaller bullet to preserve meat.

I believe a 130-140gr .25 bullet moving along at .25-06 AI and .257 Wby speeds would be nasty, even out to 850-1000 yards.

It would really allow us .25 cal fans to finally step up to the plate and compete.

Shoot the 100 ttsx @3500, you'll see nothing but bang flops.

Since when does anything but shot placement make any difference on this whole "bang flop" result? I don't care if you shoot them with a .22 or a 50bmg. If you shoot them in the guts they are going to run, if you shoot them in the spine/head they will fall.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.