257 __________ ? name this wildcat

Has nothing to do with I think we have come up with great names ''''my apologies just had a quick question of interest

Quick question anyone have or is now loading and or hunting with the
240 Weatherby mag

An experience long range shooter asked why we didn't make 257-240 WBY reamers and just buy reamers for a good hunting setup.

Yes it would work and probably be very nice but this falls into 25x284 and 25-06 AI territory where better brass can be had cheaper.

We may do this at some point but that will be many reamer releases and cartridges later. It'd be better for somone else to pioneer lol

Attachments

• 257 WBY mag.jpg
    257 WBY mag.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 211
An experience long range shooter asked why we didn't make 257-240 WBY reamers and just buy reamers for a good hunting setup.

Yes it would work and probably be very nice but this falls into 25x284 and 25-06 AI territory where better brass can be had cheaper.

We may do this at some point but that will be many reamer releases and cartridges later. It'd be better for somone else to pioneer lol
I have a 240wby, had a 257wby and still have a 300wby, but necking up a 240wby to .25cal is a bizarre thing to do. You're limited to Norma brass(overpriced and soft imo) 25-06ai like you said is the way to go for that type of powder column but 257wby is even better lol, if you're gonna drive a race car go big bore

I have a 240wby, had a 257wby and still have a 300wby, but necking up a 240wby to .25cal is a bizarre thing to do. You're limited to Norma brass(overpriced and soft imo) 25-06ai like you said is the way to go for that type of powder column but 257wby is even better lol, if you're gonna drive a race car go big bore
Having owned both and extensively compared them side-by-side... While a win is still a win, 50-75 FPS is only by a bumper... The .257 Wby is like the Challenger Hellcat...It's big, bulky, powerful, and fast...But it's really only suited for 1 purpose...Striaght-line racing. The .25-06 AI is a bit more sexy, and is more like the new 2019 Shelby GT500...It's got straight-line performance ****-near identical with the Hellcat, but it has the IRS and significantly better front suspension and handling, so it also dominates on the road course. It's a dual-threat machine. :cool:

257 Xciter 257 Razor (mine)

257 Mean Gringo
257 Bronco
257 Coyote Blaster
257 Phaser
257 Bomber
257 X Ringer
257 Critter Gitter
257 Bughole
257 Bunghole
257 Deer Derpiter

The name needs to be short and simple. People tend to shorten names and the intended punch of the name is lost. I like 257 Viper. It would make a cool logo with the long bullets as fangs. People are going to feel snakebit as their trophies slip away as the quarter bore strikes!

The name needs to be short and simple. People tend to shorten names and the intended punch of the name is lost. I like 257 Viper. It would make a cool logo with the long bullets as fangs. People are going to feel snakebit as their trophies slip away as the quarter bore strikes!

Viper ?
Meh ...... Vortex Viper scopes, so over that