.25 cal 131g .330G7 bullet from Blackjack Bullets for you to drool on ...

Nice! Thank you for the reply. I got the drift that most of it was on Facebook but I haven't jumped on that bandwagon. I appreciate you adding it here also. I'm chomping at the bit to get this thing built. Finally got word that my barrel should be finished in a week or two. Then it's up to AxisWorks to put it all together.
Good...because I am having mine done at the same time when Eric gets the reamer!!

Hey guys, new to the forum but not new to the .257 issues. Over here in NZ it's challenging to get a fast twist barrel made locally so I really want to get this right. I'm building a .257wsm to shoot these wonderful bullets and would love know if I need to go with a 1:7.5 or can I stretch to a 1:8? Hoping to push these at 3350-3400 from a 26in barrel.
Thanks in advance
Blackjack says for speeds over 3300, to go with 1:8".

Yessir you can just swap out the bushings as you need for your neck thickness and desired neck tension.

Some guys will want to order custom dies and eventually we will probably carry 25x47L and 25 Creedmoor to get them out to some gun shops, but we have had great accuracy and no issues just swapping bushings.

I personally size smaller first, and then use a mandrel to get back up to seating size. I have an old single stage I've used forever and one of the 21st Century pressure arbor presses and feel I get more consistent seating pressure using that method. 21st Century sells great mandrels and mandre-die-bodies if guys want to take a stab at trying that out.
How about to seat the bullets ? Will a 6.5-284 seat die work also ?

Anybody have a neck measurement of a 25-284 loaded with the 131 in lapua brass ? Looking for a bushing to size the 6.5-284 brass. Thanks.