.25-06 VS .243

I hate you had a bad experience with them, I have had nothing but great experiences with the ones I have had. And yes I agree with the comparison, they are very very equivalent, I was just saying the 257wm because you can go to local gun shop and buy ammo for it and don't have to fire form your brass. As far as the recoil stuff, I can't tell any recoil with ether tbh, but I am not sitting on a bench trying to shoot a box+ of rounds at a time. That's why I like the .25 cal rounds, you can shoot a small gr pill or jump to a 115-120 gr and roll anything you want with a well placed shot (not saying elk, moose, griz...thinking in context of op). I think anything between 25-06, 25-06AI, 257WM you can't go wrong IMO!! I love my wife's Sako 25-06, so much I take it some days, lol but I really have enjoyed my Weatherby a lot also. I am finishing up working on my jap made mark v Deluxe in a 300roy and once I do, I will get on refinishing my old Remington m700 25-06 that I shot my first deer with and that my son(he's 2 1/2 yo) will eventually shoot. For Louisiana, you can't beat a 1/4 bore as far as able to do everything well. I just also love the .30s also.....

I have both and for hunting, I have never had a probelm. I guess if you looking for.25 groups....I have no idea. Both have never let me down and I would tale either for a hunt. Now, if you are looking for paper or online numbers.....its a open field. You will find people with hard on for whatever and they will tell you how great what they are into. I cant see the big difference between any of these for hunting. Punching hole in paper or ****ing contest is another matter....

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.