243 or 25-06

Lol im not sure I could even see a deer at 880yrds. My biggest buck to date scored 144p&y and was taken at 18yrds with a Mathews Switchback XT compound bow.I guess I got some work to do to catch you guys lol.

Lol im not sure I could even see a deer at 880yrds. My biggest buck to date scored 144p&y and was taken at 18yrds with a Mathews Switchback XT compound bow.I guess I got some work to do to catch you guys lol.
Thats why we are here and hope you learn a lot. 880 is close on the plains. Nice buck. We dont get a lot of 18yd shots with bows either, my avg is probly 50 m/l. Good luck at LRH. With the right training and equipment 800 is pretty easy.

Thanks for the help . If I can get comfortable out to 500 max I can be the long range king in my area lol.

Thanks for the help . If I can get comfortable out to 500 max I can be the long range king in my area lol.

That should be easily acheivable. 500 yds is about 283 yds shorter than our avg shot over the last 10 yrs. Pretty impressive till you add in 5-6 bowkills and 5-6 pistol kills also per year. I have 3 guns I could let you whack a deer with at 1k in about 15 mins practice. Its a whole system approach which is extremely easy when you add inb a little experience in the wind. Trigger pulling is easy, I have 4-5 kids every year kill one past 600 with a little coaching and the right system.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.