25 06 on deer

my brother has hunted deer with his 25 06 for 30 years.it seams no matter what the bullet you loose abut 25 persent of a dee or more from blood shot meat. are any of you finding this to be true.the powder load is 52.0 grains of 4831 du pont and the 115 and 120 grain bullets.the 100 grain is enven worst in this reguard.
Dubious to blame the cartridge.

I have used the 115 nosler bt since they came out and switched to the 110 ab when it came out kept tight behind the shoulder minimal on blood shot meat. I have found these bullets go in do their thing and exit with a hole about the size of a quarter. Last season I purposely made a high shoulder shot after watching videos on how it's the best shot to drop deer. Yes it drops them but both shoulders are completely blood shot. Not good for meat hunters. Trophy hunters I would guess don't want to track and take the chance of losing a wall hanger.

I wanted to add this is the same load we use in all our rifles. 51.5 grains of IMR 4831 and 52.0 to 53.0 of H4831. 117 grain Interlocks and 120 Partition's. I think the issue is probably close range high velocity impacts and shot placement. Might want to slow them down to 257 Robert's speeds or switch to a 30-30. I would definitely be using my lever action in the shots were under 200 yds. Below is a picture of my Dad. He shot this buck at 100 yards with his 25-06 tight to the shoulder. No bloodshot. Sailed right through and through. Dead on impact.
That what I have experience with about 50 deer. Great shot placement too.

117gr hornady is my choice, behind the shoulder or neck. Tried the barns x and got tired of tracking them down, it would leave an exit hole about the size of a quarter. Sometimes after a good shot they still would go 1/2 mile to the bottom of the deepest darkest canyon. The 117 gr drops them in there tracks

110gr Accubond. Unfortunately had to take an uphill and slightly quartering away snap shot this year (last day, last light). In my haste I held for a broadside shot instead of quartering. Exit center punched the off-side scapula. Actually saved it, as the blood shot area was a half inch rim, maybe.
Healthy dose of IMR4831...3200fps.
To date, the net forward progress of any animal shot with this rifle is zero steps. This being the first one in the scapula. Small sample size though, only a handfull. Notable volunteer in study group was a black bear edging 400lbs though.
Verdict: Change to Accubond😁