25-06 nosler bullet question

Yes, one year I used them and killed my doe and recovered it 70 yds from being hit, and my buck was almost off my property, I used my 3006 or 7mag from then on, and I made a good bullet placement on him, just a little below the heart, at 125yds away

Yes, one year I used them and killed my doe and recovered it 70 yds from being hit, and my buck was almost off my property, I used my 3006 or 7mag from then on, and I made a good bullet placement on him, just a little below the heart, at 125yds away

Try a different bullet. The Berger 115 VLD's with a behind-the-shoulder shot will work just fine. Don't let 2 incidents with a less-than-ideal bullet choice deter you from using the .25-06 on deer. A .25 caliber will hit them just as hard as any, trust me, I've shot deer with .22-44 caliber weapons and you never know how an animal will react to being shot. But you also have to select a proper bullet. Ballistic tips are known to blow up. Hell, I've even had a 110 Accubond fail when I was still hunting with my .257 Wby. Deer ran ****-near 100 yards and we almost gave up looking for it, because it was getting REALLY dark by the time we happened to stumble on it.

Mud is right as always. The .25 cal works great for deer two cases don't make a study I once shot a 80lbs pig with a .338 lapua and it ran 60 yards or so with nothing inside. I have never used the 100g bt but I do use the 115 nosler on deer and have never had a bad experience. .25 is my raver it caliber for deer. I've even pushed the bullet way over its max fps and it worked great on the few I hit at close range. I have taken several deer from large to small for 80 yards to just under 600 and the nosler works fine same as Berger. I would not hesitate to use the 100gr either. I've killed lots of deer with 90gr pills also 100 should be fine

Haven't used the Nosler 100 gr but took nearly 100 Hill Country whitetail with a Speer cup n core 100 grain. if I did my part they were either DRT or ran less than 20 yards.

Yea, I now use the vld 115, but for yote's only, I use 168 vld in my 7 mag I only have white tail to hunt but it is instant death so far

Trust me, I know my 7mm is not needed on deer. I use Barnes and nosler bullets 99% of the time out of all my rifles. Always have. I load ttsx now for my 25-06 and thought about some accubonds or ballistic tip hunting. I have used BT out of my 7mm with great results in deer. Might have to try bergers. Thanks for the replys. gun)

I have used both 100 and 115 grain BT's on deer. Both work fine, I prefer the 115's. What you will have to watch with the 100 gr's is you can push them to fast where they might grenade on contact. BT perform best when keep at muzzle velocity's of 3100 or lower. I shoot the 115's at 3050 and have killed lots of deer with no problems

Just loaded the rest of my Barnes ttsx so if they don't shoot well I'll order some noslers. Thanks

Yes, my wife used the 95 grain ballistic tip to demolish a big old doe, hit her square on the front shoulder at about 3100 fps...saved me a lot of work, the shoulders were complete mush, didn't take an ounce of meat off both, ruined....NEVER used another one since when hunting, might be alright at 500 yards but never again on game...

I loaded the 100 gr bt for my 12 year old's 25-06 last year, she put the smack down on a nice little buck last year at 330yrds, 1 shot throught the chest, mushed the insides with a good exit! He went 10yrds and dropped! Aimed right behind the shoulder, MV was 3200fps, would use again on deer or antelope. This year she drew a rifle bull tag so I'm going to load up some 120 gr partitions and see how they do!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.