25.06 Ackley Improved, powder choices, and load info!

7stw

Funny I should stumble on this post. I just sent a rifle out 7 weeks ago to be built in 25-06 AI 40*. 1:7 twist! 131 Ace BJ's and Hammers 130 (I think)

So I can not leave good enough alone. In searching of a NICE figured #1 a friend decided to sell me this one. One of the nicest #1 I ever saw. Also has a sub 3 lbs Moyers trigger.
Anyway I jumped on it. It started life as a 270 Win and he re-chambered it to 270 Bee.
So I decided to rebarrel it.

Here it is:

Up close pix

Prettiest wood I've ever seen. I'm a wood freak at heart, but couldn't take it to the woods. A friend has a Rinehart Fajen stock, he had them cut from a block of African Babinga! I believe yours is Circassion walnut.

7stw

This was almost my exact experience too in my old .25-06AI.
115 HVLD @ 3451
100 TTSX @ 3608
I like the speed on the 100ttsx. No whitetail will carry that home with him! I've got some 80's pushing 3700. The 100 ttsx really has my attention. Although, somebody here has me thinking Hammers are the way to go!⚒⚒🦌

Betarider

Prettiest wood I've ever seen. I'm a wood freak at heart, but couldn't take it to the woods. A friend has a Rinehart Fajen stock, he had them cut from a block of African Babinga! I believe yours is Circassion walnut.
Ever see osage orange (bodark something) the wood is orange at very tight grained and very beautiful I have the wood but never made a stock with it 🤠

7stw

Ever see osage orange (bodark something) the wood is orange at very tight grained and very beautiful I have the wood but never made a stock with it 🤠
The African babinga is so hard, that when Rinehart machines his stock, they told him that the cutters were having a hard time, inserting. They said they actually saw sparks at times, and thet needed sharpening afterwards. Most gorgeous piece of wood I've ever seen.

Chuk4blast

no exp with the 'AI', but RE/RL-22 and Retumbo do great in this cartridge, with Speer 120 SPT / Sierra 117 SPBT.. Bergers well too. . WRL primers.
H1000 and RE-25 havent got to yet, others worked too good.

jd5521

LRH Team Member
Rebarreld mine with a proof. What do y’all think about the carbon fiber over the wood? I’ll get better pics later too.

A7FE261C-ADAA-48DF-BEC8-0ACE7751E0BC.jpeg
566792C9-F311-4BE9-923F-D83843A3CB3A.jpeg

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts